I feel like

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea the orange gun is just a bigger one of those..oranges shoot futher than potatoes becuase there round...potatoes let more air rush past them wen the thing goes off....

'more air rushing past them ' would just mean they are more aerodynamic and should technically go further....but the odd shape would probably cause it to tumble around to some degree which is why the orange would want to fly better.

no..when its in the tube...because we use PVP piping..its round so an orange will have more force behing it becasue its basically the same shape as the tube..if u can understand any of what i just said..but eh..

most of the time the end of the tube is beveled inwards...so it cuts the potato which is larger than the tube...thus it has even more resistance in the tube when fired...and more pressure means a greater distance when it is expelled...

btw...i saw a vid once of a watermellon gun...it was soo fun

yea a watermelon gun would be fat...there was a story in the local paper awhile back about some1 doing a drive by with one that shot frozen chickens....

well the thing I forgot is the fact that a lot of the times the potato is mashed into the tub fitting the shape, and not just slipped in there.

a frozen orange is what I've heard commonly used which would seem like it'd be more solid than the potato...don't know though...whatever things that go BOOM! and shoot something out rock

frozen orange was actually the first thing I heard suggested when I first learned about potato/orange/whatever guns when I was a kid.

After the instructions on how to build them was over the guy added in the comment "Will send a frozen orange through a piece of plywood (whatever) inches thick"

Don't remember how thick he said, but if you've made a good gun it should be able to take down a rather thick ass piece of wood

"Will send a frozen orange through a piece of plywood (whatever) inches thick"

Don't remember how thick he said, but if you've made a good gun it should be able to take down a rather thick ass piece of wood

ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!! yeah, make a frozen orange gun and post pics of the thing blasting apart peices of wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom