I don't wanna say I told you so, But I told you so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"just like when the 6xxx series first came out I swear people were saying "JUST WAIT! THE 7xxx CARDS ARE COMING OUT SOON!"

Everytime theres a new generation, you always here "NAH JUST WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONES!"

Well jeez, by their logic, when SHOULD you freakin buy a card.......you could always just wait!"

I could not agree more with that comment

what was wrong with FX cards? i was considering getting one FX 5200 for an older machine to upgrade it but i got my freind's old Radeon 9200 for $10 instead
The FX cards where a big hype for a huge dissapointment. I had a 5600ultra as soon as it came out and no other card that came out after it got any better. The 9000 series whooped the FX series cards *** period. Your better off w/ that 9200 than the 5200.

Green Radience said:
I'm not seeing the point of this thread...Yea, Vista has to have 60% of it's code re-written because they can't make the Media Center part of it to work, but...what in the h3ll does that have to do with GeForce 8?

GeForce 8 is seperate from Vista, its not going to wait for Vista to be released. Yea, it has DX10 support, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work with DX9 games. I guarantee you (and your common sense should also) that the GeForce 8s will sweep any GeForce 7s out there...that alone would make them worth it. And the fact that they sport DX10 support is just icing on the cake and something to wait for.

And they will be out by July at the latest, unless something goes REALLY wrong. :rolleyes:

Ok, I wish I could write in crayon on the internet so may-be some people could understand things better.

Windows Vista is not coming out until Early 2007 after the holiday season. That has been confirmed. DX10 will ONLY BE AVAILABLE with Windows Vista. NO VISTA no DX10.

That being said, "What sense does it make to buy a DX10 card in June, when DX10 "The holy grail" won't be available until next year?

And now you have a brand new DX10 card that isn't going to run at it's full potential because it's DX10 support isn't being used.

With the way VGA card markets are, they are all based on "I can do it better then the other guy. (NVIDIA & ATI) - ATI has said, "The R600 cards will be available at the end of 2006." (Which was October 2006) (Vista was November 2006)

So, let's release a card in June that is a DX10 card, is only slightly faster then the 7900 Series, isn't being used to it's fullest capabilities for another 7 months, and expect good reviews and market exceptance to a product, that isn't much better in performance then the last series.

How many videocards can these companies dump on the market without a HUGE increase in performance from the last? My point is, I'm hoping NVIDIA is smart and holds off like ATI and releases their G80 series at the end of the year right before DX10 & Vista launches, so that the card can be used at it's fullest almost right away.
crayon_4colors.gif

Then again, "NVIDIA is using Traditional Shaders in G80" were Vista DX10 uses Unified Shaders - ATI's R600 will also use Unified Shaders"

So may-be NVIDIA doesn't care about DX10 and is just throwing support in for it?

I hate you videocards!!!

HAVOC2k5 said:

So, let's release a card in June that is a DX10 card, is only slightly faster then the 7900 Series, isn't being used to it's fullest capabilities for another 7 months, and expect good reviews and market exceptance to a product, that isn't much better in performance then the last series.

There's your problem right there. Don't kid me, alright? I can talk about this as well as you can, but learn to accept that you can be wrong also, don't be all "I wish I could write in crayon to make you understand." Try to think your own argument over before speaking up.

Back on topic though, like I said, thats your problem up there. I'm not arguing that the DX10 support will be useless until Vista comes out, but your comment about GeForce 8 being "slightly faster" than GeForce 7 is all crap. Unless you've been living in a cave, GeForce 8 info is out. And it all shows the GeForce 8s beating the GeForce 7900GTX as well as the GeForce 7900GTX beat the 7800GTX. It would be worth waiting for just that. Buy a 7600GT and make do until GeForce 8 comes out. The fact that it has DX10 support is just something that will be unbelievably handy when the time comes.

Jeez...I wish I could draw a picture with colorpencils to make you understand. Crazy kids...:rolleyes:

No green radiance your argument is flawed Id say. You never know what will happen or what stalls will be made, so the waiting argument is always going to be there. Once the 8 series comes out there will be people saying that "they are the first generation of direct x 10 cards, the technology isnt very good, wait for the 9 series cards". Plus I dont see vista for a while, they may stall it even more you never know.

This same argument happened a while back when I got my radeon 9800 pro, people were saying I should wait for the next generation, to **** with that the 9800 served me well for 2 years.

Two years ago there were arguments that Intel would have a 100 ghz chip out by 2006 (I'm not joking, it's even in some of the A+ study guide books), now lets see is there such a chip? Nope, that proves the point that waiting around isnt always the best option.

No, it would be stupid to say to someone, "Don't buy GeForce 8, wait for geForce 9." I will NEVER say that to anyone when those come out.

And you fail to see the argument. You buy a 7900GTX now, come 2007, you're dead. You're dead in the water, no more games for you, goodbye. But you could wait for GeForce 8, but that, and be set for the next couple of years. I have nothing against buying the 7900GTX right now, only that whoever buys one is stuck with DX9. Thats the only reason I say to wait for GeForce 8. Agreed there is a huge performance increase to come with it, but thats not what I'm saying to wait for, I myself am one of those against the "wait for the next big thing" deal.

Green Radience said:
And you fail to see the argument. You buy a 7900GTX now, come 2007, you're dead. You're dead in the water, no more games for you, goodbye. But you could wait for GeForce 8, but that, and be set for the next couple of years.

How does this make any sense? You're dead in the water? No more games for you? Are you insane? DX10 won't be around for another YEAR!!! And do you think that DX10 games will be available right then when VISTA/DX10 is available? I highly doubt it. It's going to take some more time until games are developed with it and people actually upgrade to DX10. (DX10 & VISTA) are a HUGE upgrade. It's not just like running a 30 second .exe upgrade patch. It's a whole HUGE upgrade.

HOW MUCH FASTER is the 8000 SERIES GOING TO BE??? Granted the 8000 series is supposed to have "Dual Cores" but, i'd assume that the software you are running must support them similar to "dual core" CPU's. And that will take some time also...

ALSO, so you buy your 8800 series card in June... Say it's 8 to 10% faster then the 7900 series. But noticably that's the only difference now because DX10 isn't available for another 6 to 8 months.

NOW... DX10 & VISTA is available... but, oh ho, ho, ho, ho... wait...
what do we have here!!! The 8900 series... New and improved and 8 to 10% faster the the 8800 series....

I guess you're dead in the water now huh?

And, BTW i'm not a kid, i'm most likely older then you are. So show some respect for your elders...

And, BTW i'm not a kid, i'm most likely older then you are. So show some respect for your elders...
Bust out the cane havoc. These young whipper snappers always get scared when you bust out the cane! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom