I don't wanna say I told you so, But I told you so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch, what SLR did you end up getting?
I invested in a Canon 10D and a couple lenses for it, gonna buy a telephoto zoom in a few weeks. The Canon DSLRs are sweet cameras.

back then you had to have like 3 AGP cards cause not all of them would do openGL, DX, and voodoo whatever........any card would do at least 2 of them, but not all 3.........then on top of that the games were so buggy that some cards would crash while another would be just fine
By Voodoo3 it could do all 3 w/ no problem.
Honestly, of course they are going to be faster, that's implied with any technology leap but I haven't see any information about any specifications in the slightest, not that I nor would I hope any take them seriously
W/ the exception of the Geforce FX cards :p

P.P. Mguire said:
By Voodoo3 it could do all 3 w/ no problem. W/ the exception of the Geforce FX cards :p

ya, but when the voodoo3 came out other cards had already had it beat

the voodoo series ended up being a big flop

this game of waiting for the "best" card has been going on for a long time, its a game that cant be won

DUAL CORE GPU'S - whoa...
65nm
64 Shader pipelines (Vec4+Scalar)
32 TMU's
32 ROPs
128 Shader Operations per Cycle
800MHz Core
102.4 billion shader ops/sec
512GFLOPs for the shaders
2 Billion triangles/sec
25.6 Gpixels/Gtexels/sec
256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR4 Memory
57.6 GB/sec Bandwidth (at 1.8GHz)
WGF2.0 Unified Shader

I really doubt these will be available in april. they just realeased the 7900 series. Even june is a stretch... It's going to be at least another 10 to 12 months before you see this technology.

Windows Vista & DX10 is a huge must for these cards.

57.6 GB/sec. my god....... what version of PCIe are they thinking of? thats like 32x or something
no it's not. Look at current cards dude. Those don't even make full advantage of PCI-E 16x as it is.

Memory bandwidth for the 7900GTX is 51gb/sec

Hey, I never thought about this before. I thought that PCIe x16 had a max speed of 4GB/s?

I'm not seeing the point of this thread...Yea, Vista has to have 60% of it's code re-written because they can't make the Media Center part of it to work, but...what in the h3ll does that have to do with GeForce 8?

GeForce 8 is seperate from Vista, its not going to wait for Vista to be released. Yea, it has DX10 support, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work with DX9 games. I guarantee you (and your common sense should also) that the GeForce 8s will sweep any GeForce 7s out there...that alone would make them worth it. And the fact that they sport DX10 support is just icing on the cake and something to wait for.

And they will be out by July at the latest, unless something goes REALLY wrong. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom