I don't wanna say I told you so, But I told you so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I've read this hundred times, "Don't buy a 7900 series card." "The G80's are right around the corner."

And i've argued with everyone saying, "the G80's are dependent on Vista & dx10 and Vista has been pushed back until November and will probably be pushed back until 1st quarter 2007."

Well, it looks like The 7900GTX & X1900XTX cards will remain the fastest cards on the market for at least 10 to 12 more months.

So, don't every doubt me...

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/24/vista_why_would_microsoft_cancel_christmas/

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/09ccc1a2-bb42-11da-8f51-0000779e2340.html

I Told You So.

Its beginning to look like Microsoft will NEVER release Vista...:rolleyes:

With all of these Vista transformation packs and themes, no one will have a use for Vista by the time it IS released... :laughing:

take a look at slashdot.org, a couple windows vista headlines, one is a review claiming it isnt ready, the other is saying 60% of the code is being rewritten to fix problems

its vaporware

realistically at this point, exactly what extra functionality is needed, by anyone? more eye candy?what for?........exactly what does eye candy do?it doesnt get any more work done, its costs $$, time, and productivity........why add eye candy so you have to add more hardware to do the same job? WTF for? why waste the $$ and effort?

All of the articles i'm reading suggest that:

A.) It's simply not finished
B.) It's Been Pushed Back from September to November
C.) It's Been Pushed Back until after the Holidays into 2007, due to Microsoft partners and OEM builders not interested in creating undue problems at the very end of their budget year. Not to mention gearing themselves up for a Vista Holiday Season, only to get the rug pulled out from underneath them and getting caught with their pants down.
D.)Because the G80's & R600's are DX10 based cards, and DX10 comes with Vista, you can bet your sweet life that ATI & NVIDIA will be following the exact same suite and waiting until Vista is released.

SO, BUY YOUR X1900XTX's or 7900GTX's now... Because it will be at least another year before DX10

yes this is good news(and bad)....now people Can buy a video card and not be woried about it being outdated in 1 month....but my 7900 GT will hold me off well:)

pfft, I have a video card from like 1997 that still works fine, gets used everyday, used one like it cost $1.99

^^^ just gamers, which are like what?maybe 10-15% of the market?

Ive got a whole box of video cards, ranging from 1mb framebuffer up to 256mb gamer cards. Unless your gaming though, really, technology hasnt had anything new to offer for years. 16-32mb handles DVD playback with plenty to spare. Workstations for office work need nothing special.

most people here are in the severe minority of computer users, thats obvious

horndude said:
^^^ just gamers, which are like what?maybe 10-15% of the market?

pfff, yeah and whats the revenue from Gamers? Probably in the hundreds of Milllions, if not billions.

Why on earth do you think Dell is trying so hard to dig their claws into the Gaming Market? Because???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom