I don't know what to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be near, be available, be supportive. She doesn't need words right now, she just needs someone to lean on. I doubt it has hit home yet, as it takes a while for it to sink in. She will need people around her for a long while.

I do feel for you, my friend, as well as for you. I know you are hurting for her; your words said as much. I will keep both her and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks guys. From spending some time with her today she's still obviously in shock. She's able to talk about what she experienced a little. I didn't press her though. I just told her there was no way I could possibly imagine what she has been through, but that she was always welcome at my house and she could stay as long as she needed to. I told her she has a lot of friends and family members that love her and that we would do whatever we had to to for her.

Wow, she will definately be in my prayers.

You did the right thing, just stay close and make yourself available to her if needed. Like everyone else said you can't do anything or say anything that will change anything or make things better - especially this soon after it happen.

Just let her know you are here for her and ask her every now and again if you can do anything - i mean simple stuff like picking up groceries goes a long way with people who are going through extremely difficult times.

Man that was the worst I have ever felt at a funeral. I have been to plenty, but this was bad. There's just no comfort for her right now. I told her again that whatever she needs, it WILL get done. I also told her that whatever was causing him problems, pain, or trouble, isn't bothering him anymore. Maybe that was lame, but it's all I could come up with.

Ya i'm sorry again, depressing every time i read this thread. It sucks because she was so close to this person, and for him to take his life unexpectidly it doesn't matter what you say she will probably ALWAYS blame herself since she had no idea he was having difficulties.

Just keep the line of communication open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom