I Didnt know where to come..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
First off - I just didn't know where else to come, i couldn't speak to my family about it because they're just as upset as i am - so i came here, i trust you guys - like many others who have shared similar experiences.

My grandad has been in hospital for 3 months now, gradually deteriating. It has reached the point, where, today the doctor told my grandad they will stop treating him now - and theres nothing they can do, and he'll have up to five days.

I just don't know what to think. I just feel sick, physically sick. The past few days have been so exciteable, the end of school, amazing new games hitting playstation network, team fortress 2 update, school awards, GCSE's - and now i have been told this, i just feel like i don't care anymore. Just constantly feel ill with the thought, more the thought of him lieing there, thinking (he is still perfectly sain) that he has 5 days to live. Can you imagine that ? knowing you are inevitably going to die lieing in a hospital bed. I can't - and i don't want to.

My grandad has been a very close part of my family ever since i can remember, never failing to be cheerful, humorous and persistent in helping me and my sister with anything whenever he could, whether it be buying us school books or taking us out when we're bored. Nothing too much, right up to the admirable age of 81 where he went to hospital for constant dialisis.

I don't think i could face going in to hospital to see him one last time. So i'll take this moment to say I'll miss him greatly, and may he R.I.P.

Thanks everyone. Just had to vent it, you know ?

Made me cry :( I am very sorry to hear this, I know how aweful I'd feel if my grandfather were going to die. Try and spend as much time with him as you can while you still can.

Made me cry :( I am very sorry to hear this, I know how aweful I'd feel if my grandfather were going to die. Try and spend as much time with him as you can while you still can.

I couldn't, i just couldn't. It's horrific, he can't speak and is gasping for breath. I don't want my last memories be my grandad dieing, instead happy ones.

Sorry if this upsets anyone.

I can't imagine if my grandfather were to die. He's lived a ridiculously long life, and he's been taking care of my grandmother for ages now, since she's got Macular Degeneration, and is pretty much blind.

Sorry to hear mate.

My grandmother died under the same type circumstances. At first I thought to myself, "There is no way I want to see her like that."

I then thought... "What if I regret somewhere down the road not being with her in her dying hours? What if she knows that I wasn't there? Certianly there are so many wonderful memories of her that I have to keep me from remembering only this one bad memory..."

I spent her last days alive next to her in the hospital. Early on a sunday morning, I woke up and I swear to god I heard my grandmother say, "Thank you". I got up left my room to find my parents crying. They told me that she had died early in the morning.

I'm glad I was there with her. She will always be with us...

Your granddad will always be with you. (The good memories will always outlast the bad.)

It's a choice you have to make. Your grandad isn't going far OREO. He'll always be with you.

When my Grandad died, my Dad felt the same. We did go and see him, and he was happy to see us, Havocs rights, the good memory's will always be there, and i think being so close to him, he would want to see you there. And i also know that my Dad was glad he had gone...

I couldn't, i just couldn't. It's horrific, he can't speak and is gasping for breath. I don't want my last memories be my grandad dieing, instead happy ones.

Just focus on the happy one. Even though it will be painful, they to be there for him too.

Problem that I had over the years that I (and my immedate family) where never around when my grandparents passed away. My family is in Australia, the rest is still in the USA. And because of that, it's put quite a bit of bitterness between my family and rest of the family. Especially on my father's side.

This is part of life, we are all born one day, and pass on another.

81 years is not a short life....its a very long one actually. Many people only live to their 50s-60s.....no need to be so sad. we will all get to that point where its time to go.

Think about all the people who are killed, murdered, and just experience a painful and horrible passing.

My grandmother was very ill right before she died. I had just had a baby and things were very hectic in my life. I decided to not visit her in her last days for the very reason you are describing Oreo...I wanted my last memories to be pleasant. Now, it is one of my biggest regrets. I had the chance to see her one or two more times before she passed and also to show her her new great-granddaughter and I failed to do so. You say your grandfather is very close so I strongly suggest you take every moment you can to be with him while it's still an option. Any unpleasant memories you may have will give way to all the good memories you've made over your entire life with him. Don't let the fear of seeing him die keep you from making a decision...one you will most likely later regret.

On the flip side of this experience, I watched my Dad die a year-and-a-half ago and while it was very hard to see, I am SO glad I was there until the last moment.

BTW...my condolences. Hopefully he passes in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom