I Didnt know where to come..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandmother was very ill right before she died. I had just had a baby and things were very hectic in my life. I decided to not visit her in her last days for the very reason you are describing Oreo...I wanted my last memories to be pleasant. Now, it is one of my biggest regrets. I had the chance to see her one or two more times before she passed and also to show her her new great-granddaughter and I failed to do so. You say your grandfather is very close so I strongly suggest you take every moment you can to be with him while it's still an option. Any unpleasant memories you may have will give way to all the good memories you've made over your entire life with him. Don't let the fear of seeing him die keep you from making a decision...one you will most likely later regret.

On the flip side of this experience, I watched my Dad die a year-and-a-half ago and while it was very hard to see, I am SO glad I was there until the last moment.

BTW...my condolences. Hopefully he passes in peace.

I think i will go see him tommorow.

And i think he will die peacefully, he is constantly on a strong oxygen mix and sleeping 22 out of 24hours a day. The treatment has just worn his body out so bad, he's not even living. Alive ? Yes. Living, nah. He's asleep for 22 hours and unable to do anything for the 2 he's awake because he is so drugged up etc. I think he'll be glad it's over to be honest, i have been a few times in the past few months where he has just said "i give up" and took the oxygen mask off (he can't breathe without it) and he had to be sedated so the nurse's could put it back on him. Upsetting, but i think i understand why he does it and did do it.

If I have the chance, I try to be with my loved ones when they pass. I was with my father-in-law, my son, my sister, my best friend. None of them was easy, but I didn't have any guilt about not being there.

It is hard to see those you love in that kind of shape, but it let's them know you care and that they are not alone.

sorry mate, i honestly don't really know what you going threw because I have never really had grandparents, . I wish you the best, and to your grandfather.

I have had my fair share of death in the family though and i have usually been there (some that happened when i was younger i was not there). I would definitely go be with him mate, it may be hard to see him like that, but he will wish you were there, and you will wish you were there. Being him one last time will make up for his condition. Just remember the happy memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom