I did it ! (and I wanted to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, mi amigo. It's good to see you around here again.

I know what you mean about the feeling. I think everyone who wants to go to college ought to have to go out and live in the real world for at least five years. That way they will think that college is a) worth the effort to do well, b) a lot easier than working their butts off to make ends meet, c) something they are willing to work hard at to keep from having to go back to working said butts off, and d) a major accomplishment when you make it through.

That is a very interesting way to look at that. But to be honest, it sounds the most logical as well.

It meant a lot to get my Associate degree, but it means so much more that you guys are happy for me. You know, this last 5 years it took me to
finish the degree program was more about finishing something I really loved to do, to complete something that I gave my all to. And you guys (and girls when it applied) were so very helpful in helping me get my mind around things.

@ H4x3r:

And congrats to you too !

@ synergy:

Next Monday I will be starting my Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems. Almost all my credits transferred over to my new school (University of Maine at Augusta), so that was pretty cool.

@ toxicity_27:

It was an Associate in Applied Science in Computer Technology

@ Mak213:

Thanks, Mak ! Now I am an even older oldskool :p

@ saltynay

"Congrats old skool!!!!! Glad someone has some brains around here."

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." ~ reference to Greek mythology by Isaac Newton,
but it really applies to the Tech-Forums members....

@ Jayce, Trotter, patonb, Slaymate, CntdwnToExtn (hope I didn't forget anyone):
Thanks, guys !!!

Belated congrats man :p I love studying and learning, so yeah I hope to be doing pretty much what you're doing when I get to your age lol. That'll be in what, 40 years? 50 years? :grin: jks

Thanks, Soul and Kmote !

@ Soul, hahaha yep, I turn the big 5-0 at the end of 2011, so you have quite a while to go smart*** hahaha :p

@kmote, Thank you very much as well. Yeah, that phrase was pretty cool. It sounds like Newton might have said that
in a humble context, but that whole argument over who invented calculus that went on between he and Leibnitz makes
me think that he might have had SOME ego....after all, coming up with everything else he did, phew !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom