Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
not yet anyways :D

Article from betanews, maybe most know already:
BetaNews | Interview: Universal EVP Ken Graffeo says HD DVD is here to stay

But I like this comment about hddvd:
KG: All of our new releases that Universal has made since last September have been combo discs [with regular DVD on one side]. We have no plans to change that, and our retail partners are saying if you want to go to the mass market, you don't want to limit consumers into only being able to play it on one device.

HDdvd lives on! Who will get mad at this article? I hope noone of course. But someone might. ;p

I may end up buying HDdvd.

(waits for "hddud" from somewhere)

I Like you AtomicTofu but..

HD DVD will die..

Blu Ray FTW!.. Read This Blu-ray.com - Retailers Emphasizing Blu-ray

" In the wake of the Warner announcements, major retailers are shifting focus to the Blu-ray format in hopes of accelerating the end of the format war.Trans World Entertainment, Newbury Comics, Video Buyers Group members and Hastings Entertainment are all beginning to emphasize Blu-ray as the next generation high definition format in hopes to spur growth in the relatively small market. "

blue ray is way too expensive... the players are insanely expensive... even the disks are...
and unless you have an INSANE tv and setup...
you cant tell the difference anyways...
HD dvd is probably going to be around longer, just because more people will have them, because the players arent as expensive... idk...
just my humble opinion... :] - RK

this is true... but when?
and even then... theyre SO high right now... how much can they possibly come down? and how far down will make them 'worth it' to buy?
im just rather skeptical about the whole concept... - RK

this is true... but when?
and even then... theyre SO high right now... how much can they possibly come down? and how far down will make them 'worth it' to buy?
im just rather skeptical about the whole concept... - RK

Think about hard drives, dvd, computers in general.

The End Of The Format War: The Truth About the Format War and HD DVD's Demise

Universal & Toshiba really the only ones left on the HD-DVD bandwagon?

Personally, I couldn't care less which format wins.... I am more than happy with my large DVD collection. Either format is too expensive for the quality improvement IMO. Plus, I don't watch enough tv/movies to justify the cost.... It would be like getting a C2Quad Extreme setup with TRI-SLI to work on office documents....

i could care less as well...it's fun to speculate.
strangely i think neither would WIN...as HD digital downloads seem to be talked about. The thing is, I would rather buy High Def optical discs then rent or dl, much as I did DVDs...but I know most people don't do as I.

Same goes for many who are gamers, that's why Steam is valid and viable, and publishers think that's the way to go. Hard to pirate a Steam game, lol

I like buying my discs

blue ray is way too expensive... the players are insanely expensive... even the disks are...
and unless you have an INSANE tv and setup...
you cant tell the difference anyways...
HD dvd is probably going to be around longer, just because more people will have them, because the players arent as expensive... idk...
just my humble opinion... :] - RK

And dvd wasnt when it first came out? If no movie production studios make it anymore, how will it exist? Insane tv? A 1680x1050 computer monitor can support hd, and yes you can tell the difference, go watch an apple hd trailer.

Blu-ray is going to win IMO. HD-DVD had a good run w/ M$ behind it, but I just don't think thats good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom