I am torn between 2 guitars

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's more than good enough :D I'm just saying, I would also like to have that guitar if I could afford it.

Then again, if I could afford it I'd get the dimebag razorback, but that's like $5000

If you want to shred, get the first one. The WizardII necks can get really fast if you sand the back lightly with sandpaper and rub the back down with a little isopropyl alcohol. I believe the bridge is something like a Floyd Rose, which is also great if you want to be the next Steve Vai/Paul Gilbert/[insert shred-hero here].

The second one would be better if you're just playing your normal rock stuff. It's got a much thicker neck, and from what I can tell, it'll have a more chunkier feel and tone to it, and the pickups are decent, but not great (IMO, Duncan Designed is overrated, they all sound the same as any old stock pickup to me. Only true Seymour Duncans really have an awesome tone.)

It all really depends on what you play, and how you play it.

The first one is the best out of the 2. Pickups, neck, what the body is made of. Just get the first one and order a floating bridge lock. Ounce you get that headaches are done and if you stretch your strings right you wont have to tune again basicaly until you break a string. OUnce you get the strings on right and you break one you only have to replace it and not re tune all the other strings. I have a licensed Floyd Rose On my custom Squire and when i get it right i dont like to play any other guitar. Right now my neck is cracked :(
Heres the Ibanez i currently own.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

Personally, I think the Ibanez pups suck bad. The Duncan Designes however are actually pretty good. I've used both and I think the DDs are MUCH better. It's all moot though................buy the axe and upgrade it! :D Let me know if you decide to swap out the pups, because I have a 'like new' Duncan JB for sale. It's black with logo and is a monster, but I've already got two sets of Duncans, so it's going to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom