I am in need of some advertising ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevoma

Daemon Poster
As you may have already seen in my sig, I have started a web hosting business. I need to advertise so I can get more clients.

So far, I have purchased about 526,000 banner impressions total, and I have gotten 17 clicks.

17 clicks is not enough, so I will need to do some other things.

I am on a very low budget, so any ideas have to be cheap. I have thought about putting up posters in my area, and I think I will do that.

So, please post your ideas, any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, Sevoma

I have been listed with google, but not yellow pages. I dont think yellow pages would be that good because how many people look in it for web hosting?

Any other ideas?

Word-of-mouth is all I can come up with.

With a low budget, there really isn't much you can do other than just wait for your 'clicks' to increase. :(

I suggest stopping by Webmaster-Talk and searching the forums there. There's threads about advertising, link exchanges, etc. Be sure to read the rules if you join and decide to post.

You can also find the link at the bottom of this forum.

Dave :D

Well.. As with most advertising wrt a new company, "WHY SHOULD PEOPLE GO WITH YOU INSTEAD OF AN ESTABLISHED ONE??"..

If you can answer than question, and get the word out, customers will come :)..

On the internet it's usually word of mouth and reviews. To get either, you have to get ur face out. And at this stage, with something like "web hosting", all you can do is do something special to the customers.

Yes, I agree that word of mouth is the best advertising. I will check out every thing you guys have said. Thanks!

-Still open to some more ideas =P

Very clever. By posting requests for ideas on advertising, you are in effect advertising without breaking the forum rules. I should have thought of that!

I suppose in a way this is advertising, but that was not the point of the thread. I really need some cheap ideas because I am short on cash.

On some of the larger IRC networks some of the warez channels that have like 2k users and such will run banners in there. Im not sure if itll cost you a shell (youll probibly have to run an illeagle warez ftp site tisk tisk), an eggy, or some other form of whoring yourself out to these guys, but they do have users.

also im not sure what your bandwidth limits are but you could host a mirror for a major site? like slackware isos or something. something with lots of users. Might cost you but would get traffic!!!

hope these ideas help ya, or lead to other ideas ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom