I Am Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thread hijack. But you really can't rent anymore unless you count netflix. Blockbuster went under awhile ago.

Anyways........

I thought the movie was predictable in a sense, but in its defense I think its hard not to be in the genre. For me it was about the deeper meanings, it asked a lot of questions about what happens to a person when they are isolated that long, and are we right in genetic engineering. I went to a genetics conference 2 years ago because of my classes and they talked about essentially doing the same thing with HIV that they did with the measles in the movie. And we have to ask ourselves, is using viri to modify our DNA to protect form a disease a good idea? Also I think the acting was well done. Will Smith does a great job of on camera improve and I believed his character.

I saw it yesterday on opening night. What a great movie. The acting, to the visuals, to the story line, to the action, to the suspense. Everything was top notch. It was sad too when Sam died, I almost shed a tear lol.I want to see it again now.

I saw it yesterday on opening night. What a great movie. The acting, to the visuals, to the story line, to the action, to the suspense. Everything was top notch. It was sad too when Sam died, I almost shed a tear lol.I want to see it again now.

Very true about sam.

I almost never get into the story line. This one sucked me in. Best movie in a while.

and I'm here with zmatt. INDEPENDENCE DAY WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!

Independence Day FTW!

"I've got to get me one of these!"

I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic stuff.

The one thing I didn't like was the shaky camera work, but that might have been due to me sitting in the front row and having to look up at the screen. This is a definite buy when it comes out on dvd.

Independence Day FTW!

"I've got to get me one of these!"

I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic stuff.

The one thing I didn't like was the shaky camera work, but that might have been due to me sitting in the front row and having to look up at the screen. This is a definite buy when it comes out on dvd.

I wish the end would go into more detail, like if the people got cured, and why didn't will just throw the grenade out of that little crack, save his own life, and leave with them :?

We'll it is based on a book so he probably had to die. And there are rumors of a sequel, if so then a lot of those questions will be answered. But unless they can figure out a way to bring Will Smith back to life I don't know how good the acting will be since it was basically just a really long solo by him most of the movie.

OK this film is a partial remake of "The Omega man" I just hope its good an from the way every one is talking about it am am guessing it is.

We'll it is based on a book so he probably had to die. And there are rumors of a sequel, if so then a lot of those questions will be answered. But unless they can figure out a way to bring Will Smith back to life I don't know how good the acting will be since it was basically just a really long solo by him most of the movie.

Prequel maybe

Or maybe somehow he lived o_O

and what was up with "frank" in the middle of the street, and the trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom