I Am Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the vampires trap. If it was will smith's trap, then why would he step in his own trap. The vampires moved the manican. They saw how will smith caught one of them and they mimiced him, so it's not like they used intelligent thinking. Also they aren't that dumb if they were able to follow will smith home and remember where he lives.

Either I am going nuts remembering fake facts or I payed better attention to the movie.

When the guy stuck his head out it burned him for until he went back in. Later in his log Will stated that they were GETTING DUMBER because they were ignoring their own survival means to confront him. Throughout the movie there was no prooft that they were intelligent or civilized beyond living in groups. The traps were of the same type Will had made and even in the Wiki (which is locked form editing) it states he walked into his own trap. Im sure he has a lot of those all around the city to capture night stalkers for testing, he had a lot of pictures on the wall of ones that he had tried to cure after all. The things are dumb, they operate on the level of pack wolves at best, but they can't build and they can't lure him.

Just rechecked this post, Murdocsvan, insult noted and deserved, I see my post was edited, I can surmise I gave away to much of the movie, you have my apology.

I havent seen the movie yet, but based on what all of you guys were saying, I guess it'll be a-worth-it movie after all. Too bad, its not yet showing here in the Philippines...

I am Legend = 100% pure pulp

disposable predictable see it once and throw it away entertainment

Will Smith was decent, special FX nothing special, story pretty weak

seriously overhyped unless you've got some pretty unsophisticated tastes

so I just read the IGN review, and my opinion is that the guy who wrote it doesn't like the genre. From what I could find all of his reasons were stupid.

The camera work:
The shaky style is a love or hate thing, no middle ground. Personally in this context I think it was a good idea, in similar movies where chaos is rampant like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers series to have a steady rack focus would lessen its realism, think about it, if Will Smith had a guy with him filming it he wouldn't be the best camera man in the world cause everyone is dead.

"As of December 16, 2007, "I am Legend" has grossed $76.5 million dollars. This sets a record for highest grossing opening for a film for the month of December, and a personal best for Will Smith. [36]"

Obviously this guy is wrong. Because if the movie was that bad then there is no way it would be breaking any records.

advertising can sell people in **** fire

I actually think that the zombies set trap and that they actually have a little bit of intelligence. And it also seemed like that one zombie is a leader of some sort.

movie would been quite good if they had developed and worked on presenting all the different metaphors and issues man faces these days that the basic premise of the movie is based on

as short as the movie was it easily could have been lengthened a bit

Later on, I also think that the "leader" was the one who came and bit him. And yes, the movie could have been lengthen a bit.

I want to go see this movie looks rather good heard alot of good things about it. Alothough movies are crowded at the moment now that school is out grrr I hate packed theaters and people chit chating while watching a movie while there litle kids run up and down the ile reaking havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom