I Am Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this film is a partial remake of "The Omega man" I just hope its good an from the way every one is talking about it am am guessing it is.

Actually they both are based off a book by the name "I am Legend" Some of the facts are a little different due to updating for modern day but the essential story is still there.

After reading the wiki I found out that the film has actually been in production since the early 90's, but due to budget issues and actors leaving they weren't able to begin filming until last year.

All in all I think the final product was extraordinary and it may go down as a classic.

edit,

so I just read the IGN review, and my opinion is that the guy who wrote it doesn't like the genre. From what I could find all of his reasons were stupid.

The camera work:
The shaky style is a love or hate thing, no middle ground. Personally in this context I think it was a good idea, in similar movies where chaos is rampant like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers series to have a steady rack focus would lessen its realism, think about it, if Will Smith had a guy with him filming it he wouldn't be the best camera man in the world cause everyone is dead.

The Dark Seekers take a lot of flak here. He criticizes the use of CG in the place of real actors. Once again I think he is showing bias, The director has stated in interviews that originally they had human actors but they found that the prosthetics and makeup looked fake and that they couldn't have them act for long because the Dark Seekers hyperventilating made them pass out. He also criticizes the lack of clear motive or information on them. This movie is about the fall of civilization, not a discovery channel special. Smith is worried about survival and curing the disease, not what these things can do and what motivates them. At any rate the motivation is obviously cannibalistic hunger and I found that an obviously established fact during the movie. I can't see how he missed it.

All I can say is that this guy has a general dislike for the genre even going as far as bashing ID4, a movie that without question is a classic. It seems to me he also doesn't like the film's director, taking personal shots at him and his skill, and refuses to give this film a fair chance. I can't wait to see him eat his words, from wiki :

"As of December 16, 2007, "I am Legend" has grossed $76.5 million dollars. This sets a record for highest grossing opening for a film for the month of December, and a personal best for Will Smith. [36]"

Obviously this guy is wrong. Because if the movie was that bad then there is no way it would be breaking any records.

Prequel maybe

Or maybe somehow he lived o_O

and what was up with "frank" in the middle of the street, and the trap?

and what was up with "frank" in the middle of the street, and the trap?

I believe that was one of his traps that he set up, but forgot about & couldn't see. By the time he woke up, it was getting dark. I think it was just a clever way to show that the zombies were getting smarter and they had more weapons (dogs).

It was a good movie, I liked how it played out

*spoiler below, highlight to read*
especially the descent into seclusion, he had flashbacks interspersed with reality: having to kill his dog was a very real decision, the ending was fine, I was one of those that I wanted him to live though.

The zombie set up the trap. Thats y the zombie was there when it got dark. Also will did a good job but i thought there was just something missing in the movie.. it was a decent movie but comparing it to 28days later like a person asked about earlier... 28days later is a much better movie... maybe its just me but i thought it could have been better plot wise... will smith did an great job playing that char.

The zombie set up the trap. Thats y the zombie was there when it got dark. Also will did a good job but i thought there was just something missing in the movie.. it was a decent movie but comparing it to 28days later like a person asked about earlier... 28days later is a much better movie... maybe its just me but i thought it could have been better plot wise... will smith did an great job playing that char.

No it was his own trap. the night seekers or whatever they are called are too stupid to make traps. They were in that building because it was dark. He places al of his traps by the entrances to lure them out.

No it was his own trap. the night seekers or whatever they are called are too stupid to make traps. They were in that building because it was dark. He places al of his traps by the entrances to lure them out.

Yes i agree with parts... I mean it showed them getting smarter with that guy who stuck his head out in the light. Then y would the guy be waiting by the trap with 2 dogs for no reason? It was a hole differnt building and everything so unless they can appear in there during the day time then it wasn't his trap. He but the traps inside the building during the day time so he could get one of them. Not out in the daylight. If you didn't see right before the he got stuck in the trap he left a message on his computer saying there getting smarter. then he goes all crazy about that thing being moved and gets caught in the trap.

Yes i agree with parts... I mean it showed them getting smarter with that guy who stuck his head out in the light. Then y would the guy be waiting by the trap with 2 dogs for no reason? It was a hole differnt building and everything so unless they can appear in there during the day time then it wasn't his trap. He but the traps inside the building during the day time so he could get one of them. Not out in the daylight. If you didn't see right before the he got stuck in the trap he left a message on his computer saying there getting smarter. then he goes all crazy about that thing being moved and gets caught in the trap.

it was the vampires trap. If it was will smith's trap, then why would he step in his own trap. The vampires moved the manican. They saw how will smith caught one of them and they mimiced him, so it's not like they used intelligent thinking. Also they aren't that dumb if they were able to follow will smith home and remember where he lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom