I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to cause data corruption without being unstable. And you back your stuff up, right?

It's not going to cause data corruption without being unstable. And you back your stuff up, right?

What? of course bad ram can cause data corruption. When messing with files and running programs information gets stored in ram and then altered and saved on the hard drive. if your ram is throwing errors then you can have serious problems. And you backup in case of disaster, not because you ask for it.

What? of course bad ram can cause data corruption. When messing with files and running programs information gets stored in ram and then altered and saved on the hard drive. if your ram is throwing errors then you can have serious problems. And you backup in case of disaster, not because you ask for it.

I said it's not going to cause corruption WITHOUT BEING UNSTABLE. Do you even read more than the first few words of posts?

ie, you'd know the ram was bad. It won't be quietly annhilating your data without you knowing about it.

You not making nay sense. if you ram isn't unstable then you would be putting in the fridge. stable ram is stable ram. unstable ram can mess your data up.

The freezer solution only solves certain limited issues. Your starting to annoy me.

You not making nay sense. if you ram isn't unstable then you would be putting in the fridge. stable ram is stable ram. unstable ram can mess your data up.

The freezer solution only solves certain limited issues. Your starting to annoy me.

The certain limited issue being dead micron D9 ram, which the ballistix IS.

If the ram is unstable, and so capable of messing your data up, you'd see system instability anyway and know that there is an issue with it.

No necessarily. You can have an unstable overclock and have data corruption and never have a BSOD, the same applies to ram. And ill say it again the fix has nothing to do with micron d9s and everything to do with the particular issue with memory modules. There is nothing unique to the d9s that would explain that. They are high performance chips, but that in and of itself doesn't explain this. They are made of the same materials and in the same way that every other memory chip is.

It'd show up in memtests I mean.

And I've no idea how that "fix" works either, but definatly not all memory is made the same. There are different ways of soldering the ICs to the PCB etc. Maybe the contraction and re-expansion helps somewhere in that regard.

But sure, if you'd prefer to just forget about dead sticks and throw them away without even attempting what seems to have a surprisingly effective method of fixing them, be my guest.

It only takes what, an hour?

your kidding right? He means a complete re-install. Means format, os, and ALL drivers, probably personalized settings and tweaks alsom and back ups. This takes at least 3 hours. For me it takes 4-5 hours at least as i like my os tweaked to my liking, this involves even registry editing. The os alone is an hour and a half, plus 20-30 mins for a full format depending on the size of the drive/partition, then add tweaks. That's just to install the os my friend.

EDIT: haha, Inferno beat me to it, dang dial up taking 5 mins to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom