I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, any brand that you have to RMA along with several others RMAing after a few months isn't worth it.

lol, that 's how I feel about RAZER. I've been through 3 Diamondbacks and 2 Copperheads. 2 stopped working after a few days. One would freeze randomly. One lost it's ability to light up. 5th one I still have but have never used. It's in box.

Wow, that Razer screwed you over that many times with bad luck??

For me, since I buy hardware very few times, I haven't had a fatality with a Hardware piece yet, except for that HD 2900Pro 256MB that got damaged on its way here.. but I got an HD 3850 512MB which I'm quite satisfied with

lol, that 's how I feel about RAZER. I've been through 3 Diamondbacks and 2 Copperheads. 2 stopped working after a few days. One would freeze randomly. One lost it's ability to light up. 5th one I still have but have never used. It's in box.

That just Really bad luck my friend...razer makes very quality products. Although i had to return my new Lachesis 2 weeks after getting it because the sticker by the laser bubbled...and it would make the mouse jump. But i think i accidentally caused it why i tried to peel it off, i thought there was a clear sticker over it (stupid me lol). But i got a new one anyway and have not had a problem (i have a Lachesis and lycosa)

my Crucial Ballistix are awesome. Havent had a problem with them yet. 2 x 1GB of RAM sticks ive been using for over a year now, 2 x 512MB of RAM sticks ive been using for hmm i guess getting close to a year.

Actually, you can. I've seen threads where a good many people had their broken D9 ram working again after 24 hours in the freezer.

EDIT: Attention Dead Micron D9 Owners - XtremeSystems Forums check the poll ;)

Notice it only works for half the cases. It is either a very specific issue, or cooling actually didn't help at all and it was just letting them sit. A lot of ram that is unreliable can be called "dead" ram. Just think about it, the act of freezing should have 0 effect on a solid state device. It can however screw with the pcbs and if it is a solder problem, which has been the case for many electronics lately then it will exacerbate the issue. the reason freezing works with hard drives is because it allows stuck parts to move free and realign for a short time. This is only temporary at best.

Notice it only works for half the cases.... This is only temporary at best.

Well I did say 50% to begin with.

I just think it is far better to try this, and maybe get working ram even if only for a while, then to just chuck them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom