I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Pete said, these things are either godlike or duds...

Most get the duds though

Mine was awsome, but they just died for no reason.... Started to get random issues playing games like I would crash at random, then I started to get a windows BSOD that flat out said BAD MEMORY, ran both Memtest and Memtest 86+ and they both crashed from the errors... Removed funny smelling stick and it runs fine now... Still need new ram as going to 2gb from 4gb on vista x64 sucks...

just got my OCZ Flex 9200 2x2gb kit :p

not bad for a 4gb kit

cachememhr3.png

Is there something developed about Mushkin i don't know?
I have always used Mushkin and never had a problem but i noticed noone ever uses it on here.

I have been through 4 pairs of DDR2 800 Ballistix Tracers... Guess what, each and EVERY module is dead, and I can't even do an RMA where I am just outside of the RMA period for these sticks... Grr.... Guess that is ANOTHER "High Quality/High Performance" company that I won't buy from again... It is getting to the point where I can't stand some of the manufactures anymore....

Have you contacted Crucial regarding these modules? Regardless of their RMA or warranty period, I would contact them anyway. You might be surprised to find out that they might be willing to flex their policies.

Offer to send the modules to them for them to test. I mean in in todays economy companies really can't afford to lose customers. They also can't afford to get a bad case of word of mouth. Especially form someone who is active in a very large technology forum.

Try. If it doesn't work out. Post your results back here.

If they honestly won't do something for you, I would never buy crucial products myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom