I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucial DO have a lifetime warranty, call them up and RMA them!

And yeah I loved my Ballistix, nothing has clocked quite like them but I got fed up of having to RMA them every 6-8 months so switched to OCZ and did not look back.

Currently I have 2x2gb G.Skill PC 8000 which were great for the money but are dreadful overclockers....so I just waited it out and sniped a 2x2gb OCZ 9200 Flex kit :D Still not like good ole' D9GMH but I'm hoping for 1200mhz at least.

Well personally I'd get a 4x1gb kit because pretty much all 2x2gb kits are terrible if you are into memory clocking.

Just go through this list looking for memory that uses some of the good D9 memory and look for deals on ebay or newegg
DDR2 RAM List

yeah, I am confused now, how can it be "lifetime" if it expired?

unless charles is like 101 years old? and bought the RAM when he was 1?

if you are trying to RMA the RAM to the place you bought it from (Newegg, Tiger, ZipZoom) yes, they expire

you need to deal with Crucial directly

I RMA'd my ballistix too, turn around time was only like a week

ps, G.Skill fan here too (5-5-4-15 @1000mhz memtest 600% pass)
they don't overclock good, but they do what I need them to do
Gskillpiblackstesting.jpg

Thing is if I use 4x1gb my board downclocks them to DDR2 666 or something like that, so it would be pointless at that... Hence the reason I am trying to stick with 2x2gb kits....

Well I aint going to bother with RMA from Crucial, just gonna order some new ram as if I send my kit back, I have to send in the ONLY semi working stick and that will leave me with out a computer completly, so I will be ordering some new ram...

Im running some trash pair 2x2gb, of Corsair 5-5-5-18 DDR2-800.

Clocked up to 920mhz pretty easily. Only paid $20 for em too.

:D

hmm I do have crucial ballistix and have only had to replace 1 sick in 2 years. Did you run them on stock voltages? they have a set voltage they must run at and timings or they will die over time.

good memory poor build quality, i got a set of 2x1gb and there is up to 4 resistors that have falllen off both dims. they havent been droped or anything, the sauters are just breaking, and the resistors fall off, how bad is that like really.

I have a feeling the solder joints between the dimms and the pcb is breaking loose as these sticks get really hot.... Yes they was at the correct voltage for 90% of there life, other 10% was overclocking and so on for superpi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom