HP Support sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
Iv been working on a brand spanking new HP Pavilion DV9612CA Laptop when the owner wanted XP pro instead of Vista Home. So i said to myself no problem.
Everything went well but the problem was that "HP doesnt support drivers for windows xp on that laptop"
It took me 2 days to look for a particular driver called "Modem for High Definition Audio Device Bus" so i gave up.
But at the last second of closing the laptop i tried Windows Vista Driver and it worked!!
That was unbelievable! I left a message to HP telling them that the driver worked for XP as well but i also told them to get ****en organized!

any of you had or Have problems with HP ? i personally like HP laptops but desktops is a totally different chapter.

for older models of computers the usually have what you need but the new stuff that come out on the market, well lets just say they're behind

Well, I haven't ever worked with their support, but the 900 MHz Celeron rig I have been using when both my Media rig & gaming rig were down was TERRIBLE.... With two tabs open on a firefox browser, (one for myspace, other my gmail account), the CPU was 100% utilized..... literally, it was almost slower than dialup.

Iv been working on a brand spanking new HP Pavilion DV9612CA Laptop when the owner wanted XP pro instead of Vista Home. So i said to myself no problem.
Everything went well but the problem was that "HP doesnt support drivers for windows xp on that laptop"
It took me 2 days to look for a particular driver called "Modem for High Definition Audio Device Bus" so i gave up.
But at the last second of closing the laptop i tried Windows Vista Driver and it worked!!
That was unbelievable! I left a message to HP telling them that the driver worked for XP as well but i also told them to get ****en organized!

any of you had or Have problems with HP ? i personally like HP laptops but desktops is a totally different chapter.

Every support center has their problems. The person on the phone wasn't just telling you that for the heck of it. They are told on a global level that certain drivers are to be supported for certain OS types. This is for liability and in case of updates. So, let's say that you update another driver on that laptop that creates a non-production or non-working conflict with that Modem driver? You go and try and download the same Vista modem driver except this time... it doesn't work anymore... you going to support that? They sure as heck wont :) HP is actually highly organized... they sell hardware on a particular laptop with a particular OS for a reason.

I have a Dell Inspiron that houses Windows XP. Once upon a time I tried to install 2000 on it in a dual boot situation ... it FREAKED OUT! So...they are all little more similar than the Vista to XP switch. Vista is a COMPLETELY different OS than XP.... plainly put.

They ship recovery CDs during the actual sale. Perhaps you lost them? But yea, HP is the stupid!!!!111!!omg!!!

Been There, Done That......

If you think that is bad.... try getting a Sony Vio (??) Notebook drivers some time. Sony does not post any Vio drivers at all on thier website. This means, if you loose your recovery CD/Partition, you have lost all your drivers.

Been There, Done That......

If you think that is bad.... try getting a Sony Vio (??) Notebook drivers some time. Sony does not post any Vio drivers at all on thier website. This means, if you loose your recovery CD/Partition, you have lost all your drivers.

Sony eSupport - PCV-RX360DS - Software Updates & Drivers
aa ya they do.....

^ this one on top is my Vaio drivers (im glad its bookmarked) ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom