How'd you pick your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Daemon Poster
Just curious... what are people's stories behind their usernames? Mine's pretty boring because I am creatively challenged.

Anyone have any interesting reasons for picking their usernames?

My user name is from the following book :- Obsidian 2 The Age of Judgement
obsidian2c.jpg

Obsidian 2 is set in the 2299, as a desperate humanity wages war against the manifested legions of Hell itself. In the final battle, the last vestiges of mankind construct a fortified city to hold the Daemonic hordes at bay. Within this city, massive corporations vie for power, Daemonic Kults carve a bloody swath through its citizenry, and technology has surpassed the limits of the flesh.

Silesia DueMachinus is the deamon ruler of the Circle Of Torment. The Circle Of Torment is all about one lossing their humanity to machines and computers. The basic SLAVE TO THE MACHINE ideal.

I thought i was pretty cool. So I took the name for myself.

It as nothing to do with a town in up in europe or the game GRANDIA.

Back in the day when email addresses first came out, I got one immediately. It was: mikesgroovin@...........
So, I guess there was a small connection to the band Phish. The bass player is Mike Gordon and they play a song called "Mike's Song". In the song one of the lyrics is "....sharing in the groove". So, I guess, Mike's groovin'. And being a big hippie in those days....I used to groove pretty darn hard myself. Won't get into that part.....but it just fit. I've had this email address ever since. Never gonna get rid of it.

Oh yea.....my name's Mike too....so it fit really well.

Ok, I'm done........... :confused:

Thank You...... :amazed:

I picked my name because that day in my western civilization class we were studying about Duke William of Normandy invading Great Britain, somewhere in the book says that the one received succession from the Confessor is Harold. I mistaken it to be Harold I, which should be Harold II. I disliked that "Harold I" so I called myself to be Harold II in order to revenge for him in the Starcraft Battle.net. After that I realised that I should have used the name Harold III, but it was too late. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Iv alwaysed loved radeon xt cards specially the 9600 xt. So i took XT and made it my name. Simple name for a simple mind

When I worked at mcdonalds in my youth (which im still in:)) every week on the schedule they put my first name Ryan, and then Oldw. Last name starts like that, but theres a letter missing between the d and the w and all the rest of the name. They never changed it so I kinda just adopted it as a slang way to say my name and it stuck. 83 = birth year.

When I was in 7th grade I broke my leg in three places while playing football. Needless to say, I was out of school for quite some time, I started playing around on the internet, and came up with the email bandage_boy@msn.com for MSN Messenger, I don't use it anymore, but for a while I was making all my usernames bandage_boy

I don't like it anymore, I find it childish, but that's the story behind it.

I got my nickname "Hercules" from work. I shoved this 350 pound cylander into its place and someone exclaimed "Damn Hercules, take it easy!" the name kind of stuck after that. ( I'm really not that tough.)
The UPW part stands for Ultra-Pure Water. I work at a semiconductor factory which uses the ultra-pure water, that my area produces, to wash/rinse the wafers after certian processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom