Howcome France Gets 2nd Fastest Broadband ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This is unfair, hardly any french people game compared to UK, and America, they don't even use the internet. Yet somehow there government gave them all an average of 60mb/s. This is not fare, at all. Our lousy government leaves us with telephone wire supported by wooden poles.

BBC NEWS | Technology | UK 'slow' on ultra-fast internet

Look at the table at the bottom ^ ^

Its on about how they might upgrade our Broadband System, and there still limiting us to 24mb at the best of times.

It could be worse... you could live in rural America where the only options are dialup or satellite.

Hey now, dont even joke about that. Up until i moved out of texas i had a 28k dial up connection. /wrist

Dude France is lucky, but then as i have said before most of the UK has the equipment for fiberoptic lines its just that most areas have not had the cable laid, but most of the exchainges are ready to go. The MOD uses fiber for mission critical an defence communications.

well, the usa is a lot bigger then france and has a lot more rural area then france and the uk. also the us gov't is spending all our money on the "war" in iraq, so there's no money for wicked sick internet lines.

also i don't know if this is true in france, but in the us and i believe the uk, but we don't have government run phone/internet/power lines, so its all about the companies beating the competition, because its a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom