Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roark

Lord of Bacon
People have been pondering the end of human civilization probably since it was created, how do you think it'll go down?

I realize people may have different opinions of what belongs in each category, this is how I did it, you want it done differently make a new poll

Science / Technology: We bring about our own destruction through our own discoveries.
This can be anything from a mutated virus/bacteria to global warming or nuclear holocaust (not religiously motivated).

Religious: Could be they are right, could be they just got mad.
Either a religion is right and we experience the end of the world along a religious text's lines, or religious fanatics take it a step too far.

Natural Disaster: You've seen the movies, now to live them.
Thinking asteroids, loss of magnetic poles, sun exploding, ice age, super volcanoes, etc... (not caused by us, see global warming).

Other: What else could possibly go wrong.
Alien invasion, ghosts rebelling, you name it... seriously though tell me what else could happen.

I think this is all a money scheme. :lol:

But, really. I don't think anything will happen. But if it does, bring it!

I think this is all a money scheme. :lol:

But, really. I don't think anything will happen. But if it does, bring it!
It is a money scheme, every time someone votes I get a nickle! (muahahaha).

I'm not talking specifically about "12/21/2012" or 21/12/2012 for those of you across the pond.
But it did get me thinking, every few years it seems like there is something new we should fear will wipe us out.

D. All of the above.

If you have ever read through The Revelation (last book of the bible) you will easily see all the the above scenarios in play. Even if you ignore the Christian parts of it you will still see all of them.

It is a money scheme, every time someone votes I get a nickle! (muahahaha).

I'm not talking specifically about "12/21/2012" or 21/12/2012 for those of you across the pond.
But it did get me thinking, every few years it seems like there is something new we should fear will wipe us out.

If you really want to ponder on it, start off by looking at humans in general.
Man itself will bring its own destruction by not leaving well enough alone.
No true peace on earth will be acheived if we cannot stop the bloodshedding.

The mayans were masters of astronomy, I think any extinction level event (deep impact ;) would have to be some form of asteriod, that they managed to predict hit the earth.

saying that, if it doesnt happen.... then it'll be technology - everyone wants and noone works anymore. and i am under the FIRM belief that something i dub "the resource wars" will happen, people will want too much before it becomes too viable and sooner or later smaller countries without strategic resources or any power who rely on imports just wont be able to afford the things they want and need.

it'll be all out war for whatevers left, and the winner? noone

Honestly I think that some country with questionable leadership is going to get it's hands on nuclear weapons and will use them on another country and more and more countries will end up getting sucked into the battle similar to what happened in WW1 except this time the weapons we will use will end up being more than what this planet can withstand.

Either that or we'll all just end up getting sick and dieing from all the genetically engineered food that we eat. That stuff can't be good for you.

I chose natural disaster because.

everyone seems to be talking about humanitys downfall, I believe that we all will be dead long before the actual world ends. I think we will kill ourselves with technology but didn't choose it because us dying isn't the world ending.

After we are dead animals etc will still be living until the sun dies out or another planet collides with the earth etc. (a natural disaster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom