How to run To operating systems with windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart

Solid State Member
I hearded that you can run 2 diffrent operating systems on one machine is this true and does anybody know how to do this, its quite important

Attachments

• yutyuyt.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 144
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3671_7-5021373-1.html

When it comes to operating systems, why limit yourself? If you're curious about the world beyond Windows, it's time to branch out of your one-OS existence and install a second operating system. You won't even need to buy a new PC to do it; instead, you should dual-boot your existing PC or notebook. Provided you have a big enough hard drive--say, 6GB or larger, which most of us have--you can easily partition your hard drive, then install a new operating system on the partition you create. So if you have a hankering to try out Linux or even a different version of Windows, read on.

Thanks for the advise
do you think linex is good to play with
how to i load another operating system on my comp

bart said:
Thanks for the advise
do you think linex is good to play with
how to i load another operating system on my comp

if you get a linux distro when you stick in the cd and its installing it will say bootloader LILO or GRUB. if you want to find a distro go to linuxiso.org or distrowatch.com to find one :)

u can have multiple operating systems on u r computer afterall os is nothing but the way to handel u r data and u know in real life u have many ways to do any job

Except Linux doesn't like NTFS so you can't expect the OS's to use the same data source. Unless you actually have 2 (or more) distinct tasks to perform then theres no point having more than one OS.

I use Windows for games and Linux for Work.

well this is my first post here im not too brite in computing as of yet but here seems to be an excellent place to learn. i have an hp pavilion desktop that is a REAL pain to reboot with a new OS. in that there are problems with the usb drivers, i have read elsewhere. i ordered the reboot disks from hp and was wondering if i can install the OS (xp home) on this drive twice. 80gigs.

i know it seems rather ridiculous to have 2 of the same os on here but its a long story in short i want to have 2 computers with the same os that i barely understand :eek: so i can do different things on each computer at diff times.

thanks in advance for any advice :confused:

this is a great place to learn about computers. I used to be fairly new to computers when I joined.
and yes, you can install an OS twice on one hard drive. just install once, then install again to a different directory.
although, there probabbly is no reason to. if you want a dual boot system, usually you'd get 2 different OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom