How is it possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say between 2-3 months of non-posting and their account should be deleted. I often wonder why people sign up in the first place and never post.

These boards never had a contest for referrals did they? Because often times when you have contests like that people get their friends who will never post here tos ign up.

Ok thanks for all your opinions;)

What thoughts do you all have on letting unregistered people being allowed to post?

Cheers

I don't like the idea of annonymous guests publishing on the forum.. after all, it is free and open for all..

Yea, I agree. In fact, on my boards I completely turned off the options for guests to even view the threads. It somewhat solves the problem for people just signing up and never posting or just reading everything and downloading the attachments.

It also seems to encourage new sign-ups because people want to know what you've got to hide..haha.

Allowing guests to post is a bad idea, it only encourages flamers / useless posts etc etc......

I was thinking of letting guest post in the Site Feedback forum. Of couse it would only be on trial at first to see how it goes. anyone object to this idear?

I really appreciate all your feedback and im open to any new suggestion that would help improve the forum.

Cheers

I enabled guest posting in the general chat forum at my site, so that they could get used to using my forums, I then stated that if they want to post in other forums they have to register. There's this one guest, who started having a go at me because I wouldn't give him the games-guru style which I had just paid alot for, and then he comes out with this BS that my sig looks like Xeo's. So yes it does encourage flaming, but also it can make them want to register to see the other forums.

Posting annonymous guest not only flame, they can use it to advertise themselve or offend somehow (ofcourse free signment can also help advertisment, this way is much easier for them).
On my opinion, The General Discussion is maybe the most suitable if you want to give the guest a taste of all ov this.
And Chopper, don't mind or bother to thanking us, we do it for making this forum better - we will enjoy either :)

Yes, it's really up to you Chopper, and I agree, if you were going to enable guest posting, i'd advise that you activate it in the general forum. It does cause flaming, but there are people out there who may be shy, or not fully understand what they are signing up for, and so would prefer to stay annonymous.

Im not going to let guest post at all!
And will be removing members accounts that have 0 post after 3 months of there signup date.
Hopfully this will improve tech forums.

* off to remove some accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom