How often do you clean PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
Hey, I was wondering how often people clean out the inside of their PC's? I just did mine recently and found more dust than I expected and was causing my PC to overheat slightly!

It depends.....like 30 minutes ago i just installed another case fan(18mm in a 16mm opening....my computer was getting a little to hot for my comfort so i just threw it on there)....not much dust build up in my computer due to the fact that I take my computer apart and put it all back together when i'm really really really bored....^_^

Hmm, I've had this computer since mid-Feburary and I haven't had to clean it out yet. I have 2 80MM case fans, one on the side, one on the top. The side one blows air in while the top exhales. I also took off the fan guards because it increased air flow by atleast 50%

I see a little bit of dust on the CPU fan, NB fan, and video card fan, while there isn't much on either of the case fans. Then again, I really never turn my computer off so I dont get a close look.

Every couple a weeks as i have 5 cats and a window on the side and the dander builds up kinda fast.

I used to have a lot of dust in the fan of my laptop, but the other day, while it was running, I decided to blow on it. After doing this, a whole clump came out the exit vent. Now, it sits on top of two piles of sticky notes to make it so that my fan doesn't get blocked, building up dust.

Whenever I have some spare time when I am working on my computer hardware. If I have the time, I will get the dust out.

Otherwise, I alway clean my PC out on the Labor Day Long Week End. (Early Oct) Summer get a little hot down here, and my computer is not complaining when it does not have dust in it.

The other thing that i have done is put some fome (normally found inside your motherboard box) on all the instake case fans. This does reduce the dust.

I like to clean out my computer about once a month. Partly because i'm always tinkering with something inside. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom