How (not) to break an ipod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like the suggestion to fry it. How much voltage do those things take? Just find a 12v transformer and connect the wires...and in this case it doesn't really matter about the polarity. That'll do the trick.

Unfortunately... an iPod that is in perfect working order, is pretty darn sturdy. Water won't do it, and you're taking a risk with frying it. Dropping them only scratches them up and trying to pry it apart will definitely leave some marks. The only way to effectively break a good iPod would be to completely destroy it with a hammer, or a truck. But you've already said you just wanna cheat HP, or make a buck on eBay, so I'd say you're pretty much outta luck :sigh:
People these days...

NEW FLASH FROM SOME ONE THAT WORKS RMA

wumbo6 said:
i was wondering.... how would one make an ipod malfunction to the point you could send it back to HP to receive a new one? with it still looking untampered with? hypothetically speaking though ;)

News flash.....

I look after RMAs in a computer firm, and there is a few thing that you would need to know.

When you are returning items back for RMA, like an IPOD or Notebook computer or any thing, there is a very good chance that you would get a REFIRBISHED product back. Things like optical drives and modems and other cheap stuff they might just record the serial number and throw out. However items like ipods, pda and notebooks... even if they give you an entirely different unit, I am quite sure that they will break it down into it's serperate componants, and use those componants for RMA stock.

And items like an iPOD, they extremely likely to give you the same model back. Therefore if it's a 15Gb iPOD that you send off for RMA, you will get back a 15Gb iPOD from RMA. They only time I have seen people get the next model up has been with rather cheap products. Eg. Optical Drives. Or Hard drives towards the end of the warranty period.

And even if you got a new product back, the warranty is still from the orginal purchase. The manufacturer MIGHT give you an additional 30 days if the goods where sent back right at the end of the Warranty Period.

Just because you had to send an item back on RMA does not mean you get an extension on your warranty. They can trace this down my the serial number.

So to the orginal poster on this thread..... what exactly are you trying to pull off here? Take advantage of the RMA status is more of a case LUCK.

wumbo6 said:
haha new case? new parts? and they said if i break another one they'll send me a brand new ipod still in the box. im thinking of seling it on ebay and getting me a 30gb photo lolol
New CASE? New PARTS? More like the working parts and an not unscratched case from some referbished rma stock.

jorsoft03 said:
Take it for a swim ;)
Dryied up water stains show up really well on electonic goods. ESPECIALLY SALT WATER.

WARRANTY VOID!!!

FireFox said:
I personally like the suggestion to fry it. How much voltage do those things take? Just find a 12v transformer and connect the wires...and in this case it doesn't really matter about the polarity. That'll do the trick.

Check Apples Warranty when it comes down to events like Power Surges and Act Of God. If they cover those 2, then you can claim LIGHTNING STRIKE when you where charging up your iPOD.

However you very likely just going to get an replacement unit, and not an upgrade on that model.

or like i did to my friends ipod mini which i think you can do the same open it up. Then near the bottom or top i dont know waht you have so just look for a wire or 2 if you can see them pull them out of there socket and put everything back and boom you get your new or used ipod i did it for a friend his was messin up bad skippin songs and hp or apple i forgot his brand said only if it was damaged more then he could get a new one so try waht i did. :)

coolieos sniper
and hp does give you back the same model you give em your credit card they send you a referblished one with a new unscratched case and you send back your "malfunctioning" ipod then your done. i know it works my friend has taken advantage of it waaay too much he's on his 3 ipod? what a dumbass! lololol

Can't you just hit it repeatedly while the hard drive is spinning to make the head crash and damage the disk?

m3trj your a genus!!!! i never thought of that! im sooooo going to do that. thanks

would a magnet on the hard drive do any harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom