How much profit is it ideal to make off of a custom pc?

Profit per standard computer price range from 700-1000

• 10-100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-200

• 100-300

• 200-400

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As other people have stated I also go into the sale with the hope that I will be their first choice for computer support at a later date.

I do it for £15 ! It's not a lot of effort really, and i earn a whole load more than i could doing a real job at 15. It takes like 15 minutes to order, and then 20 minutes to build. Start up the OS and press ok every few seconds and your done. Easiest £15 i could possibley make at 15.

I do about 2 to 5 a week (including upgrades), big school.. word gets around :p

Then if it breaks within 90 days i will personally pay whatever it costs to fix it. So far i've never had to do this.

Same as Oreo, but I just dont charge that cheap!

Preety much the only business I can do while in high school. I do it free to friends and family though.

I started just to have the best of the best and get rid of it when there was something even better, and I started realized it was leaving great profits. Now I have a really nice 22 monitor LG. and great logitech speakers, and Archos 5 and so much more, with bearly 4 computers sold. With still money left.

I don't adevertise around college although it would make me whole lot more money It would also bring down my street rep lol so I advertise wherevers free and easy. Obviously I don't tell people how much the parts are so I charge 10% + rounding it up to a 10 generally works out fair as I am not going to give anyone technical support after the first 3 months without them paying extra as I tell them.

I just continue to sink money into building computers. Basically right now I live in a family of 11 and we have about three desktops and one laptop.The three desktops built by me and maintained by me.

Sinked more money into them I've made.

Wow, my standard of profit is was higher, and I probably build much worse that you people.
If I can get more money out of some one, then I will do it.

Computer hardware is not where the money is at.

My two brothers and my mom all have their desktops built by me. Store bought stuff kept breaking down so I finally built them all up with decent parts and there's been nary a problem for 2+ years. If you want it done right, do it yourself.

I do it for £15 ! It's not a lot of effort really, and i earn a whole load more than i could doing a real job at 15. It takes like 15 minutes to order, and then 20 minutes to build. Start up the OS and press ok every few seconds and your done. Easiest £15 i could possibley make at 15.

I do about 2 to 5 a week (including upgrades), big school.. word gets around :p

Then if it breaks within 90 days i will personally pay whatever it costs to fix it. So far i've never had to do this.

That is all nice and good for a hobby business from home selling around school. But once you start putting the costs of running a business along with what you are going, there is just no way that you are wanting to charge that low.
Heck... $15 will just pay cover my courier driver or my time to pick up the goods to build the computer.

Sinked more money into them I've made.
One of the reasons why I have moved over to consultancy where i focus on make money on my labor and knowledge as appose to the hardware.

Like i do a Point Of Sales System, I am nornally walking out with about 25% - 30% because of labor and training.

Aren't 100-200 dollars quite expensive? When i was really young and did not know anything about computers (5 years ago) all the installment costed about 50 euros including the building, OS installation and teaching you some basics of the computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom