How much do you tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a resturant. The average bill there on a Saturday runs around $150. I usally get tipped between $20 and $40...it's very nice!! But, when I tip, it depends on the service. If I got good service, I will tip a good amount. But, if I get bad service, I will tip very little or nothing at all!

sup2jzgte05 said:

The minimum I give is 0-15% I have only given a 0 tip when it took 45 minutes for some chicken parm in a DEAD restaurant, then when I finally got my meal the waiter was rude and the meal was cold.

just like home cooking hu?:p
i was a waiter and the tip is not for the waiter but a pot were we all shared and pay taxes on it

the lowest i got was 5 pennys at buffet time from a guy that didn't fell like getting up and serve him self
so brougth about 5 plates for him (i did that for elderly) and i did get a big compliment but 5 pennys? come on!!
i was making 1.35 an hour back in 1980

the elderly tips better from 5 to 9 dlls even if it is just a 2.99 meal

In this country, we normally have the tipping plate or jar at the payment account. And that normally get devided between the employees.

I normally just throw the change in there.

I am also one of those people that will not ask the pizza delivery boy for my change either. Mind you, a previous house mate of mine was working pizza hut, and he was coming back with $100 worth of tips on friday and saturday nights.

yeah, it wasn't until I came to seattle that I noticed convenient stores and places like subway placing Tip Jars by the cash register.

WEAK is what I have to say to that.

The wife and I went out to Cracker Barrel the other night. Our meal rang up just under $21. Our waitress was new, but very friendly and took the time to talk to us a bit. She ended up with a $5 tip.

Same restaurant, different server. She has been there a long time, has the job down flat, but has the personality of road-kill and acts like you are keeping her from her soap operas. She's lucky to get 10%.

I don't mind tipping those that deserve it. it gripes my to leave a tip of more than a couple of bucks at a buffet joint, though, since all that the wait did was fill drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom