How much do you think I could get for my computer + monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthetic

Baseband Member
I'm not selling this to any of you, I was going to put it up on eBay so that's why I posted it in this forum.

I am getting a mac and I need to get rid of my PC in order to pay for it (we all love how affordable macs are).

So here are the specs:

gateway desktop (i can't remember the model number off the top of my head, it is sitting on my desk back home in new york).
pentium D 830 2.8ghz
2gb ddr2 RAM
320 SATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon X700 Pro graphics card
ATI All-In-Wonder TV Tuner card
cd burner/dvd burner
media card reader
20.1 Samsung LCD Monitor w/ 5ms response time (1600x1200)

it's very lightly used, and it's in mint condition. before i sell it to someone on eBay, i was wondering what the max price you would pay for it would be...

thanks.

on ebay i personally wouldn't expect much more than 800, but i'm always REALLY bad at putting a price on something

ibuypower says about 1100, so take off a few hundred cause it's ebay and things are always cheaper...

Yeah, I was approximating it to go around the same price. Thanks a lot for your input.

tommyboy123x said:
on ebay i personally wouldn't expect much more than 800, but i'm always REALLY bad at putting a price on something

ibuypower says about 1100, so take off a few hundred cause it's ebay and things are always cheaper...

Never used ebay, so I don't know what kind of people are on it, but based off what I hear I'd say 500-800. Basically people with knowledge on computers aren't going to buy it because theres better stuff out (no offense). Just don't advertize it as a rig, call it a media or family computer and hopefully that will atract the right customers.

Edit: whoops didn't connect the lines on the moniter being good. Yeah, thats like an extra 300 I believe

the main pros of this is the monitor and 2gbs of ram...

you should get $900 on eBay if you advertise it right. i'm also assuming the winXP media centre edition is included and is legit.

aliasaid said:
the main pros of this is the monitor and 2gbs of ram...

you should get $900 on eBay if you advertise it right. i'm also assuming the winXP media centre edition is included and is legit.
No, it's pirated. On top of that I haven't installed any Windows updates because of the WGA. I'm sure that this is only going to lower the auction price...

Is there any way around this other than purchasing a legit copy of Windows?

And also, how do you advertise it right? Should I set a reserve? Should I set a low starting bid? I usually set a low starting bid with no reserve to encourage bidding. But if I get anything less than 700 for this, I won't be too thrilled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for those of you that offered your input.

u can get all the windows updates just set the updates to notify first and then do advanced installations and just dont choose to download winlogon and it will ask u if u always want to ignore download and click yes .u can update windows and no one will ever know its not legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom