How many people post during school? (for those who go to school)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorsoft03 said:
My school blocks TF along with tons of other websites. I can't try the portable firefox because most of my school's computers run windows 98 and don't have usb ports, so I can't use my thumb drive to hold it.

Too bad I can't get into control panel to fix it either :(

Does the school give you an account with server space that you can save things to? If they do, just save portable firefox to that space and run it from there.

Ste said:
For those of you whom cannot access any particle Website from School, PM me for proven way around that. :) (Only possible if Control panel and Internet Options Can Be accessed)

lazy/noobish admins. setup proxy with filtering. setup acl outbound on inet router to allow from proxy but drop all other traffic on 80.

I used to post on www.fordtruckenthusiasts.com every day at school last year (high school).

This year, I've been posting here during my Microcomputer Applications class... I finish my Excel assignments 20-25 minutes into class, and have the other 50 minutes to do whatever.

Ryan

I used to post at school if i had a free period, but then they started blocking any and all message boards, no matter what browser you use. Ive tried Firefox, IE, and Opera.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I do, i'm in 2nd period studyhall using portable firefox becuase IE bans TF.

EDIT: IE bans TF through some filter software.

Suprisingly, my school doesnt have USB ports on their computers, i have looked!

I use tech-forums all the time at school, it gets me behind on subjects :(

csamuels said:
lazy/noobish admins. setup proxy with filtering. setup acl outbound on inet router to allow from proxy but drop all other traffic on 80.
Can you give a better explination of how to do that?

003 said:
Can you give a better explination of how to do that?

Just use a proxy server as a gateway and setup filtering on it. If you want details you can also talk to me

its not that hard...just use another proxy. if they ban the proxy just ping it and use the IP. most of the time they only like ban the site name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom