How Many Computers Do You Have In Your Room ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roo what is that box on top of Gaming Computer 2 (Silver) that looks like a modded speaker?. . .oh wait it is a speaker, wierd. the cases are nowhere near as nice as the hardware inside. you have a lot of nice machines, but if you are trying to compensate for something. . . .you are doing a damn good job :freak:

ekÆsine said:
Roo what is that box on top of Gaming Computer 2 (Silver) that looks like a modded speaker?. . .oh wait it is a speaker, wierd. the cases are nowhere near as nice as the hardware inside. you have a lot of nice machines, but if you are trying to compensate for something. . . .you are doing a damn good job :freak:

I bought the speaker like that, i was like holly cow thats bad ass ! lol. Only cost me $20 and i use it for the second computer. My main speakers are Creative Labs 550watt 5.1 system. In another thread i posted about how i need new cases. But i have been so busy i havnt had time. When i do it im going to do it right so im just taking my time. Not really compensating for anything I just like to build machines. So i look for any excuss to do it :)

do you have those neon lights inside your case? kuhz they are pretty much (illegal). when i say illegal that means thats not a stock computer. my friends dad who works at ibm said thay the computer inspectors strictly prohibit those lights because of a threat that stuff will like burn and junk. but man they look so badass...... i'm not sayin there a problem with it, i just thought some people may want to know

I would never buy a "stock" computer. I have hand build my own for the last 6 years. I have never had a problem with any of my lights either. IÂ’m sure a company wouldnÂ’t want to risk it but I have never heard of anything bad happening to anyone with lights in their case.

no no don't get me wrong i'm not sayin i don't like it or watch out it might burn or anything like that. i was just sayin........ and yea i would never buy a stock computer either

Yea I Understand. But with my lights on or off the temp in the case doesnt get any higher.

Roo....
you could sell an extra laptop and buy a 10/100/1000 switch and a few Gigabit cards and replace your nifty Linksys hub! LOL....kidding of course. Well....sort of ;) You also have an extra wrist watch and an extra monitor......I would be happy to do the monitor/watch/laptop for ummm.... a nice 8-port KVM switch/Linksys 10/100/1000 switch!!! ;)
Yea, I agree, I wouldn't buy any stock PC either. You could easily combine functions of a least two of those machines though. MP3 server running 10,000 MP3's??? Is it just a server running for yourself or is it streaming over the web or something? The reason why I ask is because, before I moved, I had a single PC running as an MP3/SHN server for another box that was hosting my FTP site. The MP3 box was running at 750MHz w/ 1 GB major name RAM with 2 removable IDE drive bays. I don't know exactly how many MP3s and SHNs I have but it's somewhere between 25 - 50,000. I switched out the drives on different days and it ran great for months at a time. I would serve and listen to music over my own LAN without any hiccups.

Hmm... I have some 8 year old desktop speakers that can dang near rattle the walls at half blast.

I've been through two that have died from extranneous use. I've been very conservative with leaving the laptop on when I'm not using it.

The first beat itself to death, and the second i accidently terminated by means of trying to get the fan off.

My dad still has a desktop we bought in 1995. Runs without a hitch.

My bedroom has my only computer...my laptop. Then in the house there are 3 other computers (I only actually own my laptop...the others belong to other family members)...and then there is an ancient IBM Aptiva with a 75 MHz Pentium Original, 8 MB or RAM, and some other lacking hardware. It is in pieces right now...it has cycled through many OSes...including its original Windows 3.1, about 50 (ok...not quite) consecutive Windows 95 installations, some different Linux distros. Right now, I don't think there is anything on the drive. I'm thinking maybe if I have some time later this year I'll set it up again to use as an FTP server that will always be on for just random documents, files and such. Perhaps with Tiny Linux this time. :cool:

Oh...and Roo, I notice you don't have a "work" machine...maybe "Gaming Machine 2"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom