Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maya

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"How ironic that you've made this thread..."

My computer is soo dam* loud...

It sounds like a domestic aluminum race car, FARTING across a jet stream...

You may think that I am joking, but i'm not. ... That's why i don't turn it on..... :confused: :cool:

Well my previous computer was quite loud, it had 2 fans in the front, 2 in the back and plus the CPU fan and the 2 fan on the PSU. I didn't mind it for awhile until I started to study with it on then I couldn't bare it anymore. I replace the PSU with a quiet 1 fan PSU and a new CPU cooler from Zalman with fan controller, then took off all other fans. That thing is now so quiet when I turn on the computer I would not realize that it is turning on unless I check if the lights are lid. Basicly it's dead quiet. My other gaming machine is cooled by Zalman liquid cooling plus one 120mm fan to blow out air.

when my computer came from dell, you could barely hear it above the noise of you typing....

then i added 2x80mm and a pci exhaust. lol. if i had my way, that 120mm up front an max when gaming. it sounds like a vaccum, but when up put your hand in front of the grill, it most certainly does pull some air.

you can change the speed to test in it the 'dell utility partition' but not through anything in windows..... hmmmm...... :mad:

My vacum cleaner, I mean my Computer, is very loud. 2 80MM fans for CPU heatsink, 120MM for exhaust, 1 72mm for harddrive, 1 72mm for side intake, 3 80mm for PSU. Oh yah, and one for the video card too.

Neither of my machines are very loud in terms of noise, however, you could still tell the difference between whether they were turned on or not. My roommate doesn't mind the fan noise from my AMD box though, as we both have gotten used to it.

I don't know where the noise is coming from in mine. It was quiet when I replaced my fan on the rad for a silent one - the 4 of them are under 20db each, but the sound level increases every day it seems...

my computer is pretty silent. there are 7 fans in my case. the last one i added is a tiny low profile one i screwed on to the passive heatsink of my GPU (reduced temps by like 20 degrees and i got it from a TNT2 card :p). the only annoying noise comes from my chipset fan spinning up, so i just set the spinup temp low enough for it to remain at max speed.

They stick one 92mm X 39mm fan, that barely moves on the CPU and use intergrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom