• 3D studio max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maya

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Static_11 said:
Hey, i walked in my room today and my comp was off.. i was like something is wrong here.

that is exactly what i feel. i walk in, and i have to stop, and think, woah, what is not quite right? ooo look the comp is off:

*click*

waaaarrrrrrmmmmmm

thats better. :)

Re: Re: How loud is your comp?

joshd said:
that is exactly what i feel. i walk in, and i have to stop, and think, woah, what is not quite right? ooo look the comp is off:

*click*

waaaarrrrrrmmmmmm

thats better. :)

Haha, I agree. When I turn of my PC at night, it gets deathly quiet, kind of shocking.

I dont mind it when its not doing anything to hard. Like i leave on at night and dl music or wateva and it actually helps me go 2 sleep. It kinda sounds like the sea. But then at 2am it does a virus scan and that is noisy as its horrible.

Kind of counterproductive isn't it? Noisy watercooling?
no, the louder it is, the better it cools technically :p

Counter productive would make it not cool as well plus be louder.

I got a cheap PSU, and now i am paying for it with the tornado sounds. I can't keep it on overnight because it keeps people up in other rooms.

Tyler1989 said:
Isn't it about cfm not noise?
the louder it is, the faster the fans are going, therefore the more CFM of air it is pushing

I cut a hole in the side of my case and added an 80mm fan just above the CPU (it overheats otherwise)
the 2 fans combined (CPU fan itself, and fan above CPU cooler) produce a fair bit of noise, at a guess about 35db, but it's not too bad.

Funny, you should have posted this thread today. I just finally finished my gaming build. HOLY CRAP it's freakin' load. (2) 120 Aerocool turbines. Zalman 9500LED & X1900XTX... in a TT shark case with the open honeycomb grill on the side... wow... I'll be shutting this sucker down when i'm down playing for sure.

It actually seems to be coming from the front fan... which I believe is sucking in air so hard it's creating a howling... If I close the front door, it get's somewhat quieter... but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom