how long do you keep your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I was just wondering, since I see alot of you guys with fairly up to date systems like with quad cores and such how long do you keep your computer until you get a new one?

It isnt that we get rid of the old and get the new system, If I am correct, we sell our parts and get new ones as they come out. Not trade in the whole system, we just buy new as they come out, one part at a time.

nOcLuE98 is pretty much on it.Either we sell off and upgrade, or we take the plunge and build new... then we either keep the old one or sell it off, too.

When I did my current rig, my wife got my old one. If and when I build a new one, she will take this one and the old one will just be used as a media center.

ROFL! Yeah, good idea.

My current rig was bought along those lines from a member here. i tore it apart and rebuilt it. I then sold the sound card and speakers,
bought a Razer Diamondback from a member,
bought a new graphics card,
swapped the old graphics card to a member for my current CPU,
bought an additional hard drive,
bought my Razer Lachesis,
sold my Diamondback,
used the money from the Diamondback to buy my Zalman CNPS9500 from another member.

:D

most of the time I just buy new parts for my pc but back in july i replaced my 7 year old system which had been upgraded with new stuff about 6 times
and 2 os upgrades in its lifetime. me to xp then xp to vista

I am hoping to pick up a Q6600 soon... and a mobo with socket 775. Then, I can build a new smaller system to work on. I hope to do that soon. I am already getting new RAM, and PSU for xmas. So I will have almost everything. :-D

i keep mine until it breaks lol jk.

i would like to give my sig to my bro so he can get a bit better overall performance but he doesnt want to.

I go up to a new system every 2 years or so and during those 2 years I give my current system incremental upgrades, be it faster cpu, new video card, or more ram. Like today for example I got a steal of a deal on a collermaster Elite 330 from my local CompUSA on its going out of business sale, so my pc got some new threads for about $30.

I go up to a new system every 2 years or so and during those 2 years I give my current system incremental upgrades, be it faster cpu, new video card, or more ram. Like today for example I got a steal of a deal on a collermaster Elite 330 from my local CompUSA on its going out of business sale, so my pc got some new threads for about $30.

idk, my close friend has not upgraded his system in...........lets see.........for almost 4 yrs now? He can run the latest games on his 4800+ x2 sock 939, 4 x 512mb DDR SDRAM, 7900 GTX, Windows Vista Ultimate, n WD Raptor 160GB 10k rpm no problem really. I recommend him to fully upgrade soon or he will be behind in performance for the latest games up ahead or software. My computer is gonna be better then his though ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom