How good is the Dell Inspiron 9300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
you could go Macintosh
note, Macintosh's CPU's are about twice as good clock for clock against Intels
Dude, Mac is getting killed in the laptop market right now, that is the main reason they are switching to Intel, for the P-M, which is the most effecient per clock chip on the market.

tariqadkhan said:
i am about to get my dell inspiron 9300 and i just want to know wat u all think of this laptop.
Ummmm..... IT'S A DELL. I don't like em.

If anything, double the RAM. Do your best to avoid Dell, but if you can't, well, you can't.

how about a hp nc6000 business notebook:

pentium m 1.4ghz
win xp pro
256mb ram
30gb harddrive
32mb ati radeon
bluetooth
cd-dvd rom
14.1 screen
6 cell litium battery

You think so? Perhaps they've changed recently, but many of the Dell laptops I've seen suffer from incredibly poor design. I've owned a Dell Inspiron 8200 (which I should never have bought...it was so cheap for me at the time through some sort of connection), and it's gone for two repairs (both of which were because of different internal power-related connections that loosened) and now one of the drive bays does not securely hold a drive or battery. My brother owns a newer Dell laptop, (a 5150 I think?), and I've never seen a louder laptop. The only fan vents are on the BOTTOM of the laptop, and the rubber pads do not raise the machine enough, so the air cannot easily circulate out, so the fans have to operate at extremely high rates to keep the CPU cool, creating noise. Additionally, his computer shipped with a faulty MiniPCI wireless card; it took far more phone calls and hours on hold before they actually acknowledged the problem and agreed to send a replacement than anything like that should ever have to require.

It will take a lot for me to ever buy a product from that company again.

My firm uses Dell Laptops. They also use Compaq and IBM.

The IBM's are the best hands down. But, they are pricey.

The Dells have been pretty good overall. Stupid stuff breaks like keys coming off the heyboards, but overall we have had very little problems with them.

I would never buy a Dell desktop, but I would buy their laptops. That one listed for $1600 is not a bad deal at all. The worst thing going for it is if it does break, using their tech support :eek:

idiotec said:
Dude, Mac is getting killed in the laptop market right now, that is the main reason they are switching to Intel, for the P-M, which is the most effecient per clock chip on the market.
only in sales. their Laptops are actually quite good, but they're just not selling.
and the reason Mac went Intel is:
Originally written at http://www.dtgeeks.com/index.php/mainsite/blogview/nick/P10/
Why did Apple go Intel?
According to Apple, the move to Intel was spurred by a less-than-favorable roadmap on the PowerPC side. Basically, the PowerPC manufacturers Freescale and IBM had no chip planned that fully fit what Apple has in mind.
not because they were "getting killed in the Laptop market" but because of IBM

although it's hard to say whether Pentium M's are better clock for clock against PowerPC processors, but I'm comparing against Pentium 4's, Intel's mainstream CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom