How to get Microsoft to pay for your Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
LOL! The great part is that it just might work. ;)

THE GOOD PEOPLE at Gizmodo have worked out a cunning plan to get Microsoft to pay for a heavily discounted Iphone 3GS.

Since there must be people who want an Iphone and also do not like Microsoft much, the idea of getting the Vole to pay for them to have one must be particularly delicious.

Of course it only works if you are in the US and qualify for AT&T's subsidy. But it does mean you can get your Iphone for $65.

If you're a new AT&T customer, you have to visit the ATT Wireless website and validate your email address with Premier. Open a new tab with the same browser that your ATT Premier Store is open in. Go to bing.com in the new tab and search for "att wireless".

Click the 35% CashBack Sponsored Link. Sign into your CashBack account and get redirected to the main AT&T Wireless page. In the top right enter the term "Premier" into the search bar. Click the first link that reads "at&t premier login".

You will get directed to the same Premier store you have open in the original tab and you are in the Premier store under the CashBack AT&T Site.

Existing Customers just go to Bing and search "ATT WIRELESS". If you click the AT&T sponsored link, you will be redirected to either the regular AT&T store or the Premier store.

If you log in to your account and make your purchase, the cashback will show up as "pending" after a couple of hours.

Various people have been saying that it all works. It means that Iphone 3GS users can feel doubly smug with their purchase.
Source

Hmm. I would do it if I had the money to cover it in case it didn't work. I was planning on getting on sometime anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom