how fast is urs?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody hear about that new DSL service they are getting up in Texas, that is like $60 for 30 megabits! For $30 you can get 5 megabits, and for 50 you can get 15 megabits or something like that. Those lucky dogs.....i heard they raised the standard for broadband to mean anything greater than 1.5 megabit (before it was anything greater than 200K). This shows that before long, people with 1 megabit or less broadband will be looked at like dial-up, because 30Mbit connections as commonplace are just around the corner.

apokalipse said:
$60 per month for unlimited cable @ whatever speed yer modem can reach

Same here ill be getting Telstra cable soon it only reaches 1.5 Meg but itÂ’s got the ability to get to 10 Meg or something

hmm here at work iv downloaded from microsoft at about 7 megs a sec. lol im on an oc12 here at the pentagon. At home, i unlocked my cable modem bandwidth so that it functions as a NIC on the internet and theoretically could download at 100mb a sec depending on the other end. I used a download accelerator and downloaded DX9c from a bunch of sites at once, was downloading at 6.3megs a sec. Fastest i have been. I locked it back up because downloading that fast is sure to get ya caught and get your internet turned off. i use cox cable. With it locked, iv seen it hold up at 2.9megs befor. I saw it jump to 3.6 also but i think that was just a freak thing

3.9 megabits per second
Communications 3.9 megabits per second
Storage 481.7 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.1 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

jseber1982 said:
i use cox cable. With it locked, iv seen it hold up at 2.9megs befor. I saw it jump to 3.6 also but i think that was just a freak thing

That's crazy bandwidth, even for a locked cable modem. How did you get it with your modem locked, I thought Cox's fastest service was only about 5Mbit/sec which would give you about 500K-600K download speeds.

beats me lol. I used a connection monitoring program, it monitored all traffic comming in and out. I just saw it spike a few times, dont think that the spike was actual download speed though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom