how does Sharp compare to Toshiba/Samsung/Philips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC magnum

Baseband Member
in HD TV

how does Sharp compare to Toshiba/Samsung/Philips ect.. ?

what place would you give Sharp? of the other 3 brands?

example:
1st- Sharp
2nd- Toshiba
3rd- Samsung
4th- Philips

Kinda off topic but:

When it comes down to it..aren't there only like 2 companies that make the panels and the rest just re-brand/re-sell them?

Kinda off topic but:

When it comes down to it..aren't there only like 2 companies that make the panels and the rest just re-brand/re-sell them?

Samsung and LG are the big ones. But the panel is one aspect of an LCD TV / Monitor (but obviously one of the more important).

Didn't realize phillips was big in the TV market; i certainly know sharp is though.

Anyways, i guess it would depend which technology you're talking about.

I wouldn't put toshiba high up in the LCD market. And i wouldn't put sharp high up in the Plasma market.

Of those four I would say, imo
Samsung
Toshiba
Sharp
Philips
I would put Toshiba and Sharp really close and it would depend on which model you are buying as to which would be better.

And unless you are buying somewhere that only has those brands available don't forget to look at Sony, LG, Panasonic, and Vizio. I would put those brands ahead of all the ones you listed except Samsung. Again these are all personal opinions. I would recommend finding a few tvs in your price range and looking at reviews on the internet. Or join a forum dedicated to HDtvs. They would probably have better info.
And all of this is assuming you posted this because you are planning on buying an HDtv. If you're not you can just ignore this :)

I would say altough you have left Sony out:

Sony
Philips
Samsung
Sharp
Toshiba.

The likes of LG, Toshiba and possibly sharpare made by 3rd partys and they get paid for the privaldge of their brand names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom