How do you use Facebook

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Ok, I'm going to start off honest and ask you a question. How many People use the full potential of Facebook. When I log in to the PC if I have it shutdown for a day or so I boot both PCs and Start the F@H Application, start the various browsers and load the various applications. Check E-Mails, the Forums and Stats on different Online activities I take part in.

When sitting down in front of the PC for a period of time I do all sorts, and when updateing the systems and doing maintenence at the end of the month its takes about two days to keep the OS's in Good working top condition.

I just dont see the Need for all this Glitz and Glamour that Facebook has to offer. Places, Events, Public Statuses, Subscriptions. Really mite just be me, but all ways seems to be av got more interesting things to do other than log in Via Mobile\Cell and tell everyone I'm at the Local shop byeing a Packet of Cigarets!

you dont see the need, but joe public sees it for what it is. a big distraction, and the best distractions keep you interested.

but at the hub, its just social networking which is what i use it for. Unfortunatly its gotten to a point where all my friends invite people to places on facebook and have forgone phoning or emailing me when they can just do it all in one felt swoop.

It annoys me too

I don't use FB "to it's full potential" because I'm not a huge fan of it. I have a relatively modest collection of friends (77, mostly relatives and close friends). I log in once a day or so to see what friends and family are posting but I rarely post anything there as I don't see the point of posting the minute details of my drab life as others seem to. I've never "liked" anything (don't see the point) and I don't do apps or games.

I use it for marketing and sharing my work and others. If it has gotten 1 more visit to my site(s) it has worked. If 1 more person has seen my videos/photos then it worked. If I can help promote a friends work/photos/art/stories then I do using facebook, twitter, G+, etc.

Thank God its not just me. I'm all ways carefull what I share on FB, but I have people on my Profile who Post up to the minute details of their mostly boring lives. Why do I need to know that you are away to Bed, or even worse people who Post :heart: " Name " thus followed by, No Babes I :heart: you more, then it just goes on and on. And yes its easyer to pick up the Phone.

I posted some pretty personal stuff on FB yesterday. It was a huge apology, but I wanted it to be public and FB was the easiest way for everybody to see.

I posted some pretty personal stuff on FB yesterday. It was a huge apology, but I wanted it to be public and FB was the easiest way for everybody to see.

Thats acutally a pritty good point Mguire, FB does have a Good social function. But within reason, I dont need to know you are away "to the land of nod." I just dont use the Events, Public Statuses, Subscriptions, Videos aspect, and alot of other stuff. And do not do Games or Apps. Just think its to much at times.

All I really do is keep up with friends, message (easier than text if they are on), upload pics of my boy for my mom, and give updates on certain things if deemed necessary.

Back
Top Bottom