how do you tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
How Twitter's spectacular growth is being driven by unexpected uses

The link above has an embedded video. Its a speech presented by Evan Williams, co-founder of Twitter. It starts with him describing how twitter started as a side project. He continues with how a number of people are using twitter other than what was originally intended.

Personally, I've stayed away from twitter as of yet. So I ask "how do you tweet?", who do you follow, what purpose does it serve?

not at all. it's micro-blogging but so much more. screw the "status update" crap... no one gives a shat what you're doing or what kind of soup you're eating.

I use it to start discussions, share ideas, LOTS of networking opportunities with other folks in my fields, keeping in touch with folks.

tons of marketing uses for my job, too.

all-in-all, it's great. if you're in the new media/design realm at all, you have to be on twitter

Could you explain a bit more how it could be useful for a job? As far as I can tell, it really IS just about the status updates... what can you gain from it if you're in the design world?

i found some tweets yesterday that described marketings tips. if you goto search.twitter.com you can enter a keyword and find all the tweets with that keyword. try it. you may find some interesting stuff.

Could you explain a bit more how it could be useful for a job? As far as I can tell, it really IS just about the status updates... what can you gain from it if you're in the design world?
sharing links and ideas, starting discussions, networking, asking opinions/input from other designers, troubleshooting -- really, the sky's the limit and people are only just now starting to really take advantage of all of twitter's possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom