How do you know when your in love ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really depends...based on a simple thing that can be quite complex...REAL love and not so real love...

many people don't know what real love is
some people do

so depends what and who you are asking...

ie., real love is comprised of 3 things and must have all three to be REAL
in no specific order

1) respect
2) honesty
3) care

So, given the 3 ingredients above, it can be simply stated...
If you respect someone, you are always honest with them. These 2 by themselves are wonderful things, but add in care and it becomes love.

Some would think you do not need to care or be honest or respect to love someone, which to me, is a strange thing.

Given...I think you will know you are in love when you care deeply for someone, respect them utterly, and are always honest with them. But just not being so, wanting them to also see by actions that you feel that way and not just by words. ;)

Merkwürdigliebe;1241764 said:
There is no such thing as "Love" you fool! We are all savage beasts that work on impulse and the bacterial-tendency to reproduce. The concept we call "Love" is a spiritual denial of this reality; an attempt to bring meaning and order in a world where chaos and destruction are only a shadow away. Let us feed into our primitive and simple nature; we are not some creatures wrought by a divine entity, but pawns to a gargantuan, heartless system of efficiency. It all amounts to fear and survival. We fear the unknown and seek to survive it: Death, the blackness for which we see no answer! And so we muster our perceptions to create something eternal to explain what we cannot understand. That horrid creation is "Love"! I cannot grasp it, I can but crush it fierily, and throw it into the glistening, empty, vortex-winds of space and time.
There is such thing as love; It's a mental state used to aid in the survival and reproduction process. That's why it exists, at least.

The fact is, people, obviously, like love. Therefore, I tend to be apathetic about why it exists. I just appreciate that it does.

And IMO, I've figured out what exactly the meaning of life is.

It's not an objective, universal law that applies to anybody and everybody. It's a subjective, arbitrarily defined meaning to which a person decides to live for, and is not the same for everybody, nor does everybody have to have or choose to have one.

In my case, the meaning of (my) life is: anything that I like.
This includes, but is not limited to, in no particular order:
* beer
* playing games
* learning things
* being with other people
* and of course, love.

There is such thing as love; It's a mental state used to aid in the survival and reproduction process. That's why it exists, at least.

The fact is, people, obviously, like love. Therefore, I tend to be apathetic about why it exists. I just appreciate that it does.

And IMO, I've figured out what exactly the meaning of life is.

It's not an objective, universal law that applies to anybody and everybody. It's a subjective, arbitrarily defined meaning to which a person decides to live for, and is not the same for everybody, nor does everybody have to have or choose to have one.

In my case, the meaning of (my) life is: anything that I like.
This includes, but is not limited to, in no particular order:
* beer
* playing games
* learning things
* being with other people
* and of course, love.

you win. and i completely and wholeheartedly believe this. love? not really real. it's all hormones and chemicals that make you feel great. having gotten married and subsequently separated after 4 years i can attest to the fact.

dont get me wrong, it's still great. just not really real. i would compare it sort of to heroin. do it a few times and it feels great, after a while you just become dependent on the substance. quitting also takes a while.

you win. and i completely and wholeheartedly believe this. love? not really real.
Depends what you mean by 'real'
It's a concept. It exists, but only as an idea. That's because it's a mental state.

But again, I tend to be apathetic about why love exists, or how it works physically (i.e. what actually happens in the brain to cause the mental state we call 'love'). I just appreciate that it does exist.

hormones and chemicals eh? well thats why chicks are so reactive. But When i come along and open my mouth i always seem to dilute the ******* situation.

*which basically means i got no clue.....as to what to say and do etc.
-But anyway good luck with your GCSE or whatever.

treeat them like you treat anyone else but dont bring immature subjects into the confo not that you would

This has been a debate before by hundreds, mabey the question can be aproached by "what is hate", by this I mean define the opposite.

I can tell you in honesty I realy don't hate any particular person, I dislike a lot though, hate would lead to malice, and then there would be no length you wouldnt do to see them in misery.

Now what is love, lets look at it from my point of view, becuase I dont understand it any other way; I was physically atracted to her, I felt she was the only person I could talk to and have any sort of empathy, in my case I was part right, I was entirely selfish, my second was a long term relationship, to this day I still remember the high points, and I rant over the hurt, I still think of my first as the best, I know its not true, I met a girl long after the second I was with, she was perhaps the best woman I has ever met, she was smart and had been through the same crap as well, I messed it up, Im not sure I loved her, but I wanted to be with her, she made me feel secure, I could screw up and she would not not walk out, we were uncompatible in a lot of ways though.

I have come to be biased against many women, I measure there worth against the third, I still dont know If I felt love for her, it wasnt the same as the previous relationships, it was what I wanted though.

You know your in love when the following happens:

Your wallet is lighter.
You find other women less attractive (in the begining anyway)

The danger signs of a woman being to much in love with you are:
Walking down a street with your girl she spies some baby cloths an she says "I can't wait till we have a kid"
"Hunny I missed my period"
"How dose this ring look on me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom