How do you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left hand on the wheel. Right hand in my pants...I mean on my stick and my left foot on the clutch and right foot for gas and brake..

Left hand on the wheel, right hand resting on the shifter. Though I never drove with one hand until I moved back to the states, it was both hands on the wheel at all times when I lived in Germany. One hand driving in the states is pretty simple since theres soo much space and the roads are straighter, and the speeds are slower on the freeways. Right foot on the accelerator/brake as well, auto here.

Alvin.C said:
I live in the UK.

Right hand on steering wheel.

Left hand on gear shift.

Both hands on steering wheel when not shifting gears.

Right foot for accelerator & break.

Left foot for clutch.

Something like that.

Same as The General... my car is a 5-speed. The wife's Expedition is an automatic.

I sometimes use both hands on the wheel, but never in the "ten and two" position like they taught in drivers' ed. I usually use a "four and eight" position, with my fingers draped through the yoke of the wheel.

I drive many different way, depending on how sober I am (If I was forced to drive home from a party wasted) or how I'm feeling generally.

When I'm just chillin and driving, say to work, it's left hand on the top right of the wheel, with my right hand on the shifter.

Sometimes with my finger in the thumb hook, and my lett elbow hanging out the window (I even got my window arm tan!).

MOre fequently though, I drive with my hands at 9 and 3, thumbs in the thumb hooks on the wheel.

As for pedals, the usual: Left foot on the clutch, right on the gas and brake. But, again, if I'm feeling randy I will sometimes brake with my left foot to try and master that technique, and it's [SNIPPED] hard.

i drive with my right hand at the 10 oclock position, and my left hand at the 8 oclock position... just in case i need to make a quick right turn

meh, depends on my mood.
if i'm takin' the river road (basically a race track) both hands on the wheel since i get up over 150km on average.

usualy though either hand on wheel and the other playin' with my....i mean....other hanging out the window or on the arm rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom