How do YOU back up information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAID is a great way to automaticly backup your data. I use RAID 1 because my motherboard supports it; having SATA harddrives makes it easier. BTW, you can hear the different between a mp3 file and a wav file, you just have to use a headphone sometime.

Law said:
RAID is a great way to automaticly backup your data. I use RAID 1 because my motherboard supports it; having SATA harddrives makes it easier. BTW, you can hear the different between a mp3 file and a wav file, you just have to use a headphone sometime.

I've got about a grand worth of stereo equipment in my car. I have the actual Shinedown CD, plus I have the entire CD downloaded/burnt via data onto a CDRW. The music sounds the same, like I can't tell you how identicle it is, even with the stereo equipment I have.

I don't use headphones, and on top of that what portable CD player supports CDRW? Unless you meant headphones in my PC.....

Harper said:
External Firewire / USB Hard Drive

Another word for USB Memory Stick

usb_memory_stick_fs.jpg

Ahh. I used to use mine for college reports since word documents don't take up much space. Then I realized that was **** near pointless, and I ended up giving my jumpdrive to my gf for her to use at college since she had much more need for one than I did.

I used to archive files on DVD-RW...but this wasn't so much archiving but moreso freeing up space on my hard drive because I simply didn't have anywhere near the capacity I have now

Now I've simply gotten too lazy with archiving and simply just keep adding storage capacity...I probably should back up my data since I would be quite pissed if I end up with a power surge and almost 1TB of stuff gone

charles_scott said:
Most newer cd players support CDRW......

Only thing worth saving on this pc is pictures and music/music videos, however those are things that I never want to lose. Just for security I plan to use the DVDRW's to back them up, not exactly planning to backup all of my programs.

Lol i have a 200gig Maxtor as well and i back up all my stuff on a 3gig Maxtor and dont worry about it dieing. I only plug it in when i need to. Also all new cd players support RWs and most of them support MP3s. Also .wav (on my machine) is better than an MP3 becasue i have the bit rate set to lossless so i can tell majorly headphones or not the difference.

P.P. Mguire said:
Lol i have a 200gig Maxtor as well and i back up all my stuff on a 3gig Maxtor and dont worry about it dieing. I only plug it in when i need to. Also all new cd players support RWs and most of them support MP3s. Also .wav (on my machine) is better than an MP3 becasue i have the bit rate set to lossless so i can tell majorly headphones or not the difference.

Portables support RW's? My brothers doesn't, and it's brand new... Pfft, KMART...

I have 3 hard drives. 1 x 40GB, 1 x 160GB and 1 x 200GB. all Seagate's, which are very reliable drives.
I only backup if I need to format, and I have lots of free space on both my drives. I can backup the entire 160GB drive on the 200GB drive, or the entire 40GB drive on the 160GB or 200GB drive.
although when I did format the 40GB about 2 months ago, I only had to backup roughly 5-6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom