How do u become a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really ever thought of being a moderator. I hardly have enough time to visit all the forums I'm a member at now, much less moderate more than two of them. I do beleive most of my posts are quality and have meaning...Well, when I am in the "help giving" mood.

Being a moderator does take a lot of dedication to this site. Before....I was just an average Joe. Then I was asked to become a mod and thought it might be swell. Now, I live (with the rest of the mods) in the Administrator's basement. We get fed once in a while (if we are good and post some good tips). Kidding of course.

But I'll tell you something that may help you. I came to these sites all the time for help. I have learned SO MUCH by coming to these sites and realized the importance of 'em. (I must point out that a lot of the help came from Microbell's posts). Anyway, I picked a few to post in and got to know people a little. The best you can do is to show up and help some of these users (who are sometimes mods too!) If you are easy to get along with, knowledgeable, and are posting with a little bit of a rhythum, the right people WILL notice. The truth is, you are valueable whether a mod or not. :)

-Mike

mikesgroovin said:
Being a moderator does take a lot of dedication to this site. Before....I was just an average Joe. Then I was asked to become a mod and thought it might be swell. Now, I live (with the rest of the mods) in the Administrator's basement. We get fed once in a while (if we are good and post some good tips). Kidding of course.

But I'll tell you something that may help you. I came to these sites all the time for help. I have learned SO MUCH by coming to these sites and realized the importance of 'em. (I must point out that a lot of the help came from Microbell's posts). Anyway, I picked a few to post in and got to know people a little. The best you can do is to show up and help some of these users (who are sometimes mods too!) If you are easy to get along with, knowledgeable, and are posting with a little bit of a rhythum, the right people WILL notice. The truth is, you are valueable whether a mod or not. :)

-Mike

I am in completely agree with Mike! (And the rest of the Modz)

I have been using similar forums for a long time, on all sorts of subject matter and the same holds true in all of them.

The real strength, quality and value that eminate from the forum comes from ALL of the users as a collective!! After all, the forum is nothing but a collection of data compiled from multiple places arranged in a logical and easy to use structure.

Moderating such data can be a time consuming process that takes dedication and effort to provide high quality information that is expected from you as a Mod/Admin.

Like the Modz said, if you are truly interested in becoming a mod, demonstrate your ability by helping out in the forums, be patient and you will see when the time comes that your labor will not go unrewared...

:D(That and a few $$ to the modz paypal account will get you in!):D

mikesgroovin said:
Now, I live (with the rest of the mods) in the Administrator's basement. We get fed once in a while (if we are good and post some good tips). Kidding of course.
He's not kidding either. Guy! And you know what's on the main menu........ you guessed it, SPAM. Hahaha!

Did someone say PayPal account? And we're a collective? We've been assimilated and didn't know it.

Okay, I'm just kidding too! **dave wags finger at guy**

Dave :D

P.S. The users here are a great data base. No kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom