How do i un-lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhw200 said:
Im a freshman in new york. this year sure as hell counts for me - gets factored into my overall GPA like someone else said earlier. my current GPA is a 96.5. I know kids who do the homework and stuff in the 5 minutes before classes start in the morning. i find it easier to just DO it rather than worrying about getting it done later.

Ive gone through the lazy stages before, mainly in 7th and 8th grade. it doesnt pay off, especially since my parents are intense about school work. My brother is the saludetorium of his class. he graduates in about a month.

Your GPA can't go above 4.0

Our school system won't let us have anything above 4.0 even if we had all honor class's. You ask me they should get rid of them damned class's. Or atleast force the people in them class's to leave there cell phones at the desk, because during test they txt msg friends for answers and don't get into troube.

we have the same prpoblem here as well. but they got smart and told them to leave their cell phones in their bags and purses and leave them lined up on the walls :p ui was like there ya go! Anyways, yea, dont be lazy in school casue when your not it pays off and you can be like me and be lazy and get a grade for it for not doing anything :). i do that all the time lol. My teachers dont care cause they know that during test time i will get an A at least. so yea, work hard and have somethign to motivate you by.

Take really good notes in class then at least you don't have to worry about studying. I never study anymore but because I pay close attention to lectures and take good notes in class, I don't have to sorry about any studying and still get good grades on tests.
Some classes, though, are really boring and you're only taking them because you have to. Like I am taking my last semester of Spanish right now and I'm getting a C because I sleep a lot and don't bother listening at all. Other classes, though, like history and math, are the raelly important ones. If you're going for a degree in computer science I doubt they'll care that you did poorly in french or history, since they don't really relate to the degree. Seeing that you did well in actual computer-related classes and math courses is MUCH more important to the admission's board.

first my gpa is a low 3.8 (art sux)

make a list... of what you have to do. it has worked wonders for me. makes me feel like im being pushed, and i learn and do things better when i am pushed into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom