How do I create an iPhone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once something is created it's copyrighted to the creator. The problem is the burden of proof rests with you if it's ever disputed, meaning you have to be able to prove you created it before the disputer. You can register the app with the government for a fee and that helps in proving your ownership of the copyright.

U.S. Copyright Office - Frequently Asked Questions

Copyrighting a game... i think you will struggle. I can't see how that would work.

You can trademark the title, and copyright the code, but stop someone using the idea in their own game ? i really do not see that happening.
I would worry less about copyrighting it and concentrate more on making it better than your competitors product. It's a competitive world. There are probably over 100 FPS games released a year on Xbox 360 / PS3 but i can almost guarantee that roughly 95 percent of that market falls with just 5percent of the games.

With a phone it doesn't have to be a totally new radical concept, it just has to evolve from older products and be fresh. It can be a simple game, but if it offers an appealing interface and graphics followed by solid and addicting (yet accessible to the masses) gameplay with a good price tag you are on to a winner.

I got the Google software, but apparently it's for PERSONAL apps. I found the Android developer's guide, but the darn thing is 300 pages long!

oh come on... This is becoming a hassle. I've got a buddy that can kinda help, but both of us are only really familiar with HTML code. Sucks that it seems that I either have to hire someone to develop this App for me and lose some profits giving him/her the percentage or just give up on it........ All to make a couple of bucks and get my idea off the ground. I guess I'm not part of that elite group who can write this code stuff. Or I could go through Apple and all of their monopoly and spend money to start, spend the $99/yr to be a developer and then have to fork over 30% of my profits to apple, not to mention marketing costs.. :-{

Soo frusterating.. :(

I got the Google software, but apparently it's for PERSONAL apps. I found the Android developer's guide, but the darn thing is 300 pages long!

oh come on... This is becoming a hassle. I've got a buddy that can kinda help, but both of us are only really familiar with HTML code. Sucks that it seems that I either have to hire someone to develop this App for me and lose some profits giving him/her the percentage or just give up on it........ All to make a couple of bucks and get my idea off the ground. I guess I'm not part of that elite group who can write this code stuff. Or I could go through Apple and all of their monopoly and spend money to start, spend the $99/yr to be a developer and then have to fork over 30% of my profits to apple, not to mention marketing costs.. :-{

Soo frusterating.. :(

Going with Apple won't be any easier, you will simply be substituting Java for Objective-C which from what I have heard is a much less accessible language that will be even harder to pick up with no prior experience.

If you want to do this yourself you need to learn the fundamentals of Java and object oriented programming before you even start looking at the Android developers guide. If I remember correctly that guide is intended for users who are already programmers so it wont be very helpful for someone just starting out.

I also would avoid approaching java from the perspective of HTML. HTML is simply a markup language, it just lays stuff out without actually doing anything, so it doesn't have much in common with full programming languages.

Java is the first language you would learn in school. I would suggest making basic programs through cmd first. Move a long the line. There are plenty of free and paid home training programs out there. I would give it a shot.

Yeah it gets a bit more complicated but when you create programs to run in command prompt you don't have to worry about graphical interfaces so you can really get the idea of it down pact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom