How do I create an iPhone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VMWare won't run MacOS...at least not last time I tried. I also thought the SDK was like $400. I heard that from a dev in my neighborhood. He was all about Android development for that very reason.

I downloaded the Android software. A buddy of mine here is somewhat familiar with this stuff and he was saying also that the Android would be a better platform. I'm gonna have to figure this stuff out... :-| I'm a HARDWARE GUY! Not SOFTWARE... Lol

I'm gonna go through with this idea. I ran it by my buddy and he said it was a really good idea and asking $1.99 for the App wasn't a lot either. I'll keep the price low so it will sell because we ALL know that we would be more prone to turn an App down because of it's price.

Hey he's copying me !

I started DAYS ago :D

Although in all honesty i have yet to get into the attitude to sit down for 4 or 5 hours with my aunts MacBook to take a look at it.

^ I've gotten quite side tracked today so I'm NOW sitting down updating all the Android software and gonna TRY to see what I can or can't do here. I used to do HTML back in the day, but not.......quite......needed anymore.. :lol:

How do I copyright an idea like this?? An app.... I REALLY don't want this one getting away like how I procrastinated on the other ideas.

-=EDIT=-

Google software is backed up and they said it will be weeks before they get to me. Dang it..

How do I use this??

96382269.jpg

^ I've gotten quite side tracked today so I'm NOW sitting down updating all the Android software and gonna TRY to see what I can or can't do here. I used to do HTML back in the day, but not.......quite......needed anymore.. :lol:

How do I copyright an idea like this?? An app.... I REALLY don't want this one getting away like how I procrastinated on the other ideas.

-=EDIT=-

Google software is backed up and they said it will be weeks before they get to me. Dang it..

How do I use this??

96382269.jpg

That screen looks like the android virtual device manager witch is for testing your app on phone simulators with various os versions and hardware configurations.

I think Android uses the Eclipse IDE for the actual coding which should look something like this. If you don't have any experience with Java or at least C++ you will likely need to read some books or tutorials first though, it's not something you can just jump right into with no background.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Has anyone seen this??
Android App Generator Software & Niche App Marketing System.

I REALLY need to get started here.. I'm working up a bad anxiety attack here.. I've searched iTunes store and the App store and there is NOTHING like my idea out there and I'm starting to panic a little that this idea will be taken. I need to get this copyrighted soon.

If you are looking for something more akin t drag and drop instead of full on programming I would try app inventor.

About - App Inventor for Android

It is an official Google product so you have a better chance of it working than third party tools. However I think there are restrictions on listing apps made using it on the market so you might want to look into that before hand. A lot of the setup talks about getting your phone set up with it but just make an android virtual device using the SDK you had open in the screen shot instead if you don't have one. For the OS Version pick either 2.1/Eclair or 2.2/Froyo, those are the most common versions of android in the wild right now.

As far as copy writing is concerned you will likely need to talk to some sort of legal adviser about that.

I'm assuming your app is as reasonably complex idea so you might want to prepare yourself to be working on this for a while. If you are on your own and don't have experience in software development it's going to take time to get things going.

^ Yeah, I registered with the Google Droid Creator and they said they're backed and it'll be a week or two waiting list. I'm no good with code, other than HTML.. :lol: No experience with C++ either. And I DO have a PDF link for a copyright application but I've read that the App will at least have to be in alpha version first. I guess I'm stuck waiting for a couple weeks.. The Google software requires an android device which isn't too much of a problem. My buddy has a droid and he would probably help me with this a little.

^ Yeah, I registered with the Google Droid Creator and they said they're backed and it'll be a week or two waiting list. I'm no good with code, other than HTML.. :lol: No experience with C++ either. And I DO have a PDF link for a copyright application but I've read that the App will at least have to be in alpha version first. I guess I'm stuck waiting for a couple weeks.. The Google software requires an android device which isn't too much of a problem. My buddy has a droid and he would probably help me with this a little.

There shouldn't be any problem using a Virtual device instead of a physical phone. Getting into App inventor does take time though, I applied when it first launched and took forever before they got around to adding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom