How did Tech-Forums.net get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'd like to dedicate this post to the quality of service this forum has. At first I overlooked this forum with other technical support forum because there wasn't that many members or posts. I luckily decided to try out this forum by posting a question and it was answered within an hour but only by one person. The other forums which had more members and such didn't even answer my question.

This went on for months where I would post computer questions in about 4 different computer technical support forums and I'd only get answered from techist.com. The only downside is that there was only about 1 or 2 answers, which were always comprehensive and high quality. Posts from the other forums did not help me compared to the quality I received from this forum.

So many thanks again for this forum! I just have a few questions though for the old folks who have been here. When was this forums launched? Did you guys hire professionals to be in this forum? Is it a group of friends that are the core? Did random people in the internet just join this forum? How long has this forum been pretty "active" and "working"?

Thanks!

Chopper started the forums I believe.... and Dave (DMo224, the admin in charge) was among the first... He would probably be the best person (among the active userbase) to shed some light on this.

Well, you see.... when a TECH and a FORUMS really like each other, they have a little cuddle........

Mainly just techie geeks, like moi :)
Yeh you should ask someone like DMo224 the admin in charge as he likes to say :D... he should be able to tell you, just pop him a PM he always replies.

And people like b1gapl, me, Vernon, Sora, Juicedaddy, etc (many more before I joined) posted to keep this forums alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom