How a cpu works???

Pi runs a distro of Debian. Edison runs Linux. If you want to get really small, check this out.

Adafruit Pro Trinket - 5V 16MHz ID: 2000 - $9.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
or this
Arduino bootloader-programmed chip (Atmega328P) ID: 123 - $5.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits To roll your own creation.
Or this
Arduino Micro without Headers - 5V 16MHz ATmega32u4 - Assembled ID: 1315 - $22.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
And finally this
DC Boarduino (Arduino compatible) Kit (w/ATmega328) [v1.0] ID: 72 - $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

All of this is open source so you can copy and modify to your heart's content. All of the Arduino data including layouts and schematics are at the Arduino website.
(No I don't work for Adafruit. It's just I won't refer some one unless I shop there. Check out SparkFun and Pololu. Careful at Pololu. It's a geeks candy store.)

Wow that third and first ones look good, I may research a bit more into them.

Last edited:
lol no problem, you said thanks for the info :cool:

Did you look at raspberry pi?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/
Raspberry Pi 2 review | TechRadar

Simple projects you can do with it( you can do more advanced stuff too)
Raspberry Pi: Top 19 projects to try yourself | IT PRO

I like the idea of making a tor router and i'd probably buy a pi but, i want to go one step further and actually create the hardware myself. Ik i won't make anything powerful, just a 1 mhz (or even less) cpu and 512 bytes of ram but its still cool tho :cool:. I'm actually willing to spend my entire teenage life on this project so i think that is enough for research :p

The magic of the CPU was granted by the alien technologies reverse engineered from the Roswell incident back in 1952. As far as all human beings know the CPU is a device that, once plugged into a compatible motherboard, actually creates a little consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom