How can i tell how old my computer is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Wasn't sure were to put this but this should do.

Anyway is there a way to find out how old my computer was, like it was first turned on or something? It says xp 2002 version so i know the year it seems, but can i find out a more exact date?

Is it a prebuilt or did some one build it for you? You might be able to track down the serial numbers on the board an such if your lucky.

A BIOS version's date is the date it was last rewritten. Many prebuilts have a date on them. If not, post up the make and model of the thing and we'll see what we can find.

The parts/components of it will also tell roughly how old it is, or at least the oldest it could possibly be.

aye it was pre-built..

Hmm here's some random info then:

On the case it says Fujistu Siemens computers, "SCALEO M" is on the front near the bottom( maybe thats some kind of code for the computer?)

If it helps it has a 2.6ghz intel processer, it has 1.256 DDR ram now but it cam,e with like 256 or 512, it came with a radeon 9250 i think, has a 7600GS now.

I believe 2gb is the max ram it can take...( its like DIMM184 ram or something?)

Hmm is there any information i can find for you guys which will help? I'm pretty sure this was brought in 2002( MAYBE, 2003) but the date would help( basically we're trying to find out if it's 5 years, 5.5 years or 6 years old now.:laughing: ( it's kind of dieing...:laughing: )

lmao!!! You don't know how much i want to!!:p

I'm going to try and find a summer job and earn £500, then my mum said she'd pay the rest as long as it was under £1000.

I'll try and build one myself though i'm scared i just wont understand it, i'm pretty knowledgeable on what components are good to buy, but i've only ever opened this computers case once, to swap graphics cards and to put in another stick of ram. When i go get one i'll just ask for tons of help i guess, installing the CPU coolers looks confusing( artic pro freezer 7 or something), place rubber grommets or something under the motherboard, then wiring, optical drives. Then what to do when i turn it on!?!?! How do i firstly get it going, get my computer and all that to be on the desktop, somehow buying a CD with like microsoft word and excel and stuff thats doesn't cost £300... confusing for my tiny mind.:confused:

Building a computer is easy, for the most part it's as simple as plugging components into the mobo. To install the OS just set the boot order in the BIOS to boot from CD first an then put the disk in the drive, when the OS is installed install the drivers an then download updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom